Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Hanneman Has Died.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

it was in just about every mainstream newspaper and website in existence?

i include the indo, and RTE 10 on this island!

Was front page on the Irish Times website, complete with large Jeff picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hybrid Moments

Tragic news. A great loss to the metal world but what a legacy he has left. RIP Jeff.

The first solo in Spirit in Black is one of my favourite solos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

To be fair it had nothing to do with his legacy or ability. It was more to do with "metal guy +spider+death=story"

I was amazed at how many work colleagues approached me asking what the story was. Pretty much no-one i work with is into rock or metal and would never have heard of Slayer let alone Jeff. The whole flesh eating thing seemed to catch peoples attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Ok so this, from their most recent post:
    We've just learned that the official cause of Jeff's death was alcohol related cirrhosis. While he had his health struggles over the years, including the recent Necrotizing fasciitis infection that devastated his well-being, Jeff and those close to him were not aware of the true extent of his liver condition until the last days of his life. Contrary to some reports, Jeff was not on a transplant list at the time of his passing, or at any time prior to that. In fact, by all accounts, it appeared that he had been improving – he was excited and looking forward to working on a new record.

and so I'm back where I started, even if a bacteria contributed I urge everyone and particularly in the rock/ metal community to look after yourselves because a drink; and then some tends to go hand in hand and I'd already scaled back on alcohol after my dads similar demise and I hope this passing of someone a lot of people cared for for can send this message out there.

That Heineken sponsorship just resonates now and I definitely saw signs of cirrhosis in his face in recent years, and so it bothers me nobody really questioned it within metal circles but here we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

People make their own decisions. The effects of alcohol are well known and documented. Drinking oneself to death hints at bigger underlying issues than a mere Heineken sponsorship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Forces of Steel

Incredible guitarist. I don't really like Slayer a whole lot, but the first three albums (including the Haunting the Chapel EP) are pure gold. It is a shame to see him go, but that's life.

R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Darkwarriorcok

Ok so this, from their most recent post:

and so I'm back where I started, even if a bacteria contributed I urge everyone and particularly in the rock/ metal community to look after yourselves because a drink; and then some tends to go hand in hand and I'd already scaled back on alcohol after my dads similar demise and I hope this passing of someone a lot of people cared for for can send this message out there.

That Heineken sponsorship just resonates now and I definitely saw signs of cirrhosis in his face in recent years, and so it bothers me nobody really questioned it within metal circles but here we are.

i imagine it was amixture of drinking whilst on the meds for the bite, usually a bad cocktail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i imagine it was amixture of drinking whilst on the meds for the bite, usually a bad cocktail
    doesn't look like it..

Advertisement