Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

close an ulster bank joint account?

Options
  • 03-05-2013 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

My OH and I have a joint savings account with ulster bank that we wish to close. Do both of us need to go into the bank to arrange this? I would just put it in writing except there is money in the account that needs to be withdrawn first. With our different schedules it will be extremely difficult to get into the bank together. As it is a savings account there is no ATM card. What would be the easiest way to clear the account and close it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

call the bank and ask you probably need the other to fill in form get it noterised and their id

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

One of you can go into any branch and start the process. Its done online(not a form handed to you) they wil print it and tell you to get the OH to sign it and return it. You can state where you wish funds to be transfered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chriscaitlin

What abount current account do you need both signatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yes.

Advertisement