Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club show this Sunday..

• 03-05-2013 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heading into the VJMC show at the National Show Center this Sunday (May 5th)?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

hm that sound very good actualy. :) i will be interested for sure, if you are in.

hint: weather 17C+ for sunday afternoon.

just an aditional info if you dont mind :)

VJMC Motorcycle Show, National Show Centre, Swords, Dublin (beside Coachmans Inn Pub which is across the road from Dublin Airport) on Sunday the 5th May 2013. Entry €5, kids go free, 10:30 am - 4:30pm, lots of classics on display, trade stalls, autojumble, Prize giving and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BG I'll defo be there, armed with a camera ~ I love vintage bikes.

If anyone is heading drop me a PM if you're interested in a hook up either before or at the venue, it would be nice to put some faces to usernames ~ when I'm sober and might remember you this time!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

yep ill be goin

kevin-46 wrote: »
    yep ill be goin

looking forward meeting you Kev :) i hope you have fixed your wheels :) cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

I'm heading from Lucan bout 12 if any1s driving over, dying to show off my new bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Heard it advertised on the radio, so it should be good. My da is one of the judges at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Soz lads heading up to Crossans BBQ and trying to grab a bargain in the sale.....next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Might be able to get to this but it'll be with kids in tow, is there cage parking there and do you have to pay?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bugrake

photo's of any z900's appreciated - i love those babies....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ninja900 wrote: »
    Might be able to get to this but it'll be with kids in tow, is there cage parking there and do you have to pay?

Anyone know what the car park security is like.....?...bikes and vans dont mix well...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Can't wait for this myself :-)

Anyone know what the car park security is like.....?...bikes and vans dont mix well...;)

I've been to a few shows up there over the years and there shouldn't be an issue with vans/cars & bikes, the area is huge.

Was up there this morning, lovely day for it, loads of space for parking (free) and well worth the fiver in, kids go free :)

252453.JPG
    252454.JPG
    252455.JPG
    252456.JPG
    252457.JPG

Scrap the cap!

252458.JPG
    252459.JPG
    252460.JPG
    252461.JPG
    252462.JPG

Scrap the cap!

252464.JPG
    252465.JPG
    252466.JPG
    252467.JPG
    252468.JPG

Scrap the cap!

252469.JPG
    252470.JPG
    252471.JPG
    252472.JPG

Scrap the cap!

Looked good, pity I couldn't go. Great day for it.

it was nice meeting you in person Makikomi and also nice meeting Kevin again :)

about the show --> it was grand, but there were not only japanese vintage bikes. (lots of BMW's and new bikes as well, as well as for sale)

i was also missing bike acessories - as i like to shop a little on such a events like this - maybe spare gloves or new visor etc., the ones that were there were worse then junk.

anyway it was a good craic and i will attend next year for sure hoping for more. and at the end of the day it was worth the fiver. my 2c

Bikerguy wrote: »
    it was nice meeting you in person Makikomi and also nice meeting Kevin again :)

Cool, you too ~ even if you are younger than my JTS motorcycle jacket :p

Pity you'd to split, we'd a bit of craic & wheelie practice up around Howth.

Sorry if I seemed off form, it was 5am getting to bed and up at 07:30 and never got back to sleep so I was pretty out of it.

The show ~ I really liked it, very relaxed and no shams about. beautiful, beautiful bikes.. But the show is let down by the lack of trade stalls, I'd a few quid to spend on the right stuff but a lot of what I seen was only fit for the bin IMO.

That said, fantastic show and IMO better than the RDS bike show.

Cool, you too ~ even if you are younger than my JTS motorcycle jacket :p

Pity you'd to split, we'd a bit of craic & wheelie practice up around Howth.

Sorry if I seemed off form, it was 5am getting to bed and up at 07:30 and never got back to sleep so I was pretty out of it.

The show ~ I really liked it, very relaxed and no shams about. beautiful, beautiful bikes.. But the show is let down by the lack of trade stalls, I'd a few quid to spend on the right stuff but a lot of what I seen was only fit for the bin IMO.

That said, fantastic show and IMO better than the RDS bike show.

i am not younger then your jacket tho... haha good try.

next time we will go for spin, sure thing. something with food involved as well :)

• Advertisement

i am not younger then your jacket tho... haha good try.

next time we will go for spin, sure thing. something with food involved as well :)

Sorry I was thinking about the other young lad, can't think of his username :o

Sry for the mix up.

Sorry I was thinking about the other young lad, can't think of his username :o

Sry for the mix up.

kevin-46 :) his user name...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bugrake

great photo's , great looking bikes. Think I'll start saving for that z900...

How much was that 900 going for?

Cienciano wrote: »
    How much was that 900 going for?

I'm wondering that myself, it must have went in late or else I completely missed it.

There were a few lovely bikes on show which were for sale.

If u mean the fireblade it was for 1600

If u mean the fireblade it was for 1600

I think he might mean the GPZ900 in post #16

Kev-46 sorry about the username mix up, I'd a few beers after work last night and couldn't for the life of me remember your username.

Suzuki GS1000

252589.jpg

Yamaha RD500YPVS

252590.jpg

Kawasaki Z900

252591.jpg

Martin Finnegans bikes (my he rest in peace)

252593.jpg

Suzuki GSX1100EF

252594.jpg

Great show, I'm just sorry I didn't take a lot more photos.

I think he might mean the GPZ900 in post #16

They were looking for 1400 for that. Looked well, my one is the same colour but a later year (the first year with 17" front wheel and no anti-dive.)

Scrap the cap!

btw my all favourite bike from there was the Suzuki GSX1100EF in the last pic. total minter and if i had the money i will go for her anytime!! she was so nice.. omg.. piece of art.

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    They were looking for 1400 for that. Looked well, my one is the same colour but a later year (the first year with 17" front wheel and no anti-dive.)

Since Top Gun I've wanted one, but in the red, black and white colors :cool:

Advertisement