Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

caught working on the dole

Options
  • 03-05-2013 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hello looking for some proper information from some level headed people please no smart remarks
    .my best freind a female is on the dole for 2 years last year she got
    offered to do 4 days as an extra from an irish extras company for a tv show
    she jumped at the chance did all 4 days but didnt inform the dole
    she got paid 400 euro(paid tax got a p45 duhhh).now the welfare have contacted her in regards to this and said she is being investigated.here are my questions
    1.should she play dumb till they figure it out or admit to it
    2 will she lose all her benefits aka dole be cut off
    3 will an inspecter come looking for her
    4 what is youre opinion of the best way for her to deal with this
    .thank you if you took the time to read this.
    positive feedback regarding this situation only aka
    no harrassment as we already know shes in trouble.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Honesty is the best policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 heatherheather

thank you for the feedback ted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

a person can qualify for the benefits if they are out of work for three consecutive days out of a six-day week, but Sundays are not counted.

u can speak, in complete confidence, to an Information Officer in the Information and Advocacy Services section directly at 01 - 856 0088, Monday - Friday 9.30 am to 5.00 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

a person can qualify for the benefits if they are out of work for three consecutive days out of a six-day week, but Sundays are not counted.

u can speak, in complete confidence, to an Information Officer in the Information and Advocacy Services section directly at 01 - 856 0088, Monday - Friday 9.30 am to 5.00 pm

You beat me to it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

hello looking for some proper information from some level headed people please no smart remarks
    .my best freind a female is on the dole for 2 years last year she got
    offered to do 4 days as an extra from an irish extras company for a tv show
    she jumped at the chance did all 4 days but didnt inform the dole
    she got paid 400 euro(paid tax got a p45 duhhh).now the welfare have contacted her in regards to this and said she is being investigated.here are my questions
    1.should she play dumb till they figure it out or admit to it
    2 will she lose all her benefits aka dole be cut off
    3 will an inspecter come looking for her:-)
    4 what is youre opinion of the best way for her to deal with this
    .thank you if you took the time to read this.
    positive feedback regarding this situation only ak
    no harrassment as we already know shes in trouble.

She should have notified the social welfare especially if she didn't get paid by cash into hand. she would technically be Scott free if she received the cash into hand, they would never know that way,other than that theres no way of hiding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 its me_330

My nephew got caught only recently after workin a week. He thought something might come of it more permanent. He got called in to d inspector and acted stupid said he didnt think he had to cut off his claim cause it was only a few days. He repayed the money and no more happened his dole was bak d following week.
    Hope ur friend has a good outcome. There is plenty of people workin full time and claiming. Them pr**ks never get

• Registered Users Posts: 4 heatherheather

i know myself a few dodgy folk working into the hand djing deliverys ect and the dole never comes near them.my friend was just in the same situation as your nephew trying to land a job.its terrible they are the ones punished for it.thank you for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Nothing more to add, but I hope it works out for your mate. I'd echo what Ted said. Tell your mate just hold her hands up. I doubt she'll be in major trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement