Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save the stupid-ass Iphone

Options
  • 03-05-2013 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how I can get rid of that stupid Save the Iphone Ad. with a hammer that makes a loud crashing-sound, would nearly lift ya out of yer seat the noise out of it, it's just like a firework or something. I know some Pop-up Ads. have their own individual speaker icon to mute the individual Ad. which is brilliant if it is causing un-wanted sound / selling-technique-voice etc., but this particular one doesn't seem to have anything to mute it. It's so so annoying and irritating and interrupts watching a video.

Is there some sort of individual volume-mixer software I could install or anything that would enable me to mute this individual item / Ad. on its' own so I can shut the thing up. It's driving me insane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Where is this? On the phone or on websites? If the latter then install AdBlock Plus whih is a browser plugin for Firefox, I think it's available for other browsers too, and that should sort it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Adblock will do it, also Vista onwards has a volume mixer, and you can set different volume levels depending on the software, click the volume icon in the system tray, click mixer and you can adjust them from there (for firefox for example, "Plugin Container" would typically be the program specific volume control), not sure about other browsers or OSes

Nick

Advertisement