Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed price taxi from airport

Options
  • 03-05-2013 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

My aunt and husband are flying in for the H cup and staying in the Camden court, does anybody know any fixed price taxis who wouldn't charge a small fortune!thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Hop on the Number 16 bus outside Arrivals. It goes right passed the door of the Camden Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

markest wrote: »
    Hop on the Number 16 bus outside Arrivals. It goes right passed the door of the Camden Court.

Spot on you would be mad not to get the 16 into town, you would have to walk past it to get a taxi!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note the 16 now operates from the far side of the short term car park. http://transportforireland.ie/assets/Dublin-Airport-City-Routes.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Worldtaximeter is giving me €21.

So give or take €12 each. Unless they're ridiculously tight that's a decent price to get to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cson wrote: »
    Worldtaximeter is giving me €21.

So give or take €12 each. Unless they're ridiculously tight that's a decent price to get to the airport.
    This http://transportforireland.ie/taxi/fare-estimator/ suggests €20.00 (no traffic) to €28.80 (traffic). €24.80 to €34.80 at premium times (20.00h - 8.00h & Sundays/Public holidays).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

I've got a taxi from the airport to the city centre on numerous occasions and theprice has always been between 20 and 25 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

+1 get the bus, much more cheaper and peaceful than probably listening to some taxi driver complaining that the fair is too short a distance from the airport and how he\she had to queue all day, too many taxis on the road ......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 struper1

bus will take longer. it doesn't go the most direct route and will be stopping alot. I would still get the bus though.

I don't know how booking a taxi to collect you from the airport works? what if your flight is delayed.. I thought you were only allowed get a taxi from the rank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

struper1 wrote: »
    bus will take longer. it doesn't go the most direct route and will be stopping alot. I would still get the bus though.

I don't know how booking a taxi to collect you from the airport works? what if your flight is delayed.. I thought you were only allowed get a taxi from the rank

No, there is a pre-booked taxi area out near the bus & coach stops at T1. I've used it when travelling for work. Different companies have different arrangements, some start the meter at the booked time, some watch the flight info and pull a taxi off the queue. All will charge you a call out charge so it's more expensive than getting a taxi off the rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The bus will take a little longer but it would be my prefared option as you do get to your destination without the hassle of having to deal with some ignorant bellend muttering under his breath at you because you are not going out to Bray or somewhere further afield and paying up to 25 Euros for the privilege.

• Advertisement
Advertisement