Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Tall Ships

Options
  • 03-05-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Does anyone know exactly what time the Tall Ships are due to sail in?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Kaylee wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly what time the Tall Ships are due to sail in?

:)

Due in at 5pm this evening if my memory serves me right, i was reading it in the Drogheda Leader last night.
    Leaving Sunday morning at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

Ah, thanks Andrew. Might try to get home from work early :)

Kaylee wrote: »
    Ah, thanks Andrew. Might try to get home from work early :)

No problem your welcome, I hope I am accurate with the times i gave you .
    I hope to get down to it myself over the weekend, the advertisement of it looks great, hope it lives up to it.
    A good weekend in Drogheda in store with plenty going on, lets hope for a bit of sunshine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I was told they are expected in to drogheda port this evening at 6pm and are leaving for Liverpool on Monday morning at 9am. The port I think is opening at 8am Monday morning for the public to let people view them leaving.

Hoping its going to be a great weekend, its sounding like it could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

They should be arriving at the mouth of the river between 3 and 4 this afternoon. They were at Carlingford this morning so I'd imagine you may be able to see them passing Clogherhead and Termonfeckin soon, I might head out to Baltray when I collect the kids hopefully see them coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Anyone gone down for a look?

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Anyone gone down for a look?

Yes was down there this afternoon/evening. Pretty windy down there but sun shining and good crowd.
    Got onto one of the ships for a look, very good I must say, on the deck of the ship and down stairs into the living areas ( was queueing for 15 min max to get onto the ship )
    Live band on the stage towards the end of the docks, plenty of amusements, market traders , food and beverage sellers and plenty for the kids.

Well worth an hour or so to pop down, good to see some life breathed into the town for a bank holiday weekend.Everyone in good form and across the river plenty seemed to be enjoying their few beers outside at the Dhotel and Wmcairnes.

We have loads to offer in this town of ours, we should be holding a lot more festivals and utilising the towns features at every chance we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Is it only after 5pm you can get onto the ships? And is it free?

Looking to head up tomorrow

frogstar wrote: »
    Is it only after 5pm you can get onto the ships? And is it free?

Looking to head up tomorrow

Yes after 5pm and its free to get onto the ships.
    You can make a donation if you wish to the collectors at the ship with the money going towards next years festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

Great atmosphere down there, congratulations to the organisers :)

Apart from anything else it was brilliant to be able to walk down by the river under the Viaduct. This part of the town should be redesigned and made into a promenade type of space and available all the time - beautiful for both tourists and locals. Has to be the way forward for the town.

The big wheel was great and the kids loved the rides, only problem was we spent about €40 between one thing and another :o it's the nature of these things and it was worth it. The other thing was the tall ships were a bit small, but then again the tide was low when we were there :p

All in all super - brilliant to see the town so alive. I hope it goes well this evening and everyone enjoys visiting the ships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Great, looking forward to tomorrow so

Hope to walk the dogs in mornington on Monday morning too and catch them set sail. Think they leave at 9am

Great to have a bit of life in Drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Great for the town but where was the national promotion of this event :confused:

Didn't see or hear a thing about it in national media, only remembered it was on myself when I happened to see a copy of the drogheda independent on friday when I came home to visit for the long weekend.

From the sounds of things it's going well anyway which is great, and a welcome change to the usual annual events in town (not knocking them just good to see something new)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

calex71 wrote: »
    Great for the town but where was the national promotion of this event :confused:
    Same place the advertisement is for Louth/Meath. In lala land. We're the most underrated area with so so much to offer it makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

good to see people enjoyed it im just too busy to get out to drogheda for a proper look at them but from what ive been reading on social networking sites it appears some folk were expecting the ships that docked in dublin last august.to be fair i went into that one and all you got was a hell of a long wait to walk around a predetermined circle on the deck at least some of ye got down into the more interesting parts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just posting in case others haven't made their way down and are planning to, if you actually want to see the ships best maybe head to ship street on the other side of the river because the way the tide is at the moment they are far to low in the water to be able to see much of them other than the masts on the the north quay side :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karen510

Hi, coming up from Dublin and I hear there's a park and ride service, does anyone know how to get to this? Barely know drogheda so if someone could explain would really appreciate it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Any1 know what time they are leavin tomorrow at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karen510

PinkFly wrote: »
    Any1 know what time they are leavin tomorrow at?

9am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Thanks will get out that way for a goo tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

And they're gone. A big crowd turned up to see them off this morning down in Mornington.

8714430278_0af3673776_n.jpg
    2013-05-06 10.14.38 by itsweb, on Flickr

8714432104_ef5856d431_n.jpg
    2013-05-06 10.13.54-2 by itsweb, on Flickr

• Advertisement
Advertisement