Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Camera on Outer ring at Sliabh Rua

Options
  • 03-05-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

What is the story with the mobile unit parking on the Ross side of the roundabout on the Outer ring road? Its unlikely anyone can reach 100kmh coming off the roundabout, or that they are not slowed coming back in from Ross. Anyone any thoughts on this?

If the speed limit was 80kmh in from the Rhu Glenn it would be understandable, but its not. Its also 100kmh coming from both the waterford side and the Ross side

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

What is the story with the mobile unit parking on the Ross side of the roundabout on the Outer ring road? Its unlikely anyone can reach 100kmh coming off the roundabout, or that they are not slowed coming back in from Ross. Anyone any thoughts on this?

If the speed limit was 80kmh in from the Rhu Glenn it would be understandable, but its not. Its also 100kmh coming from both the waterford side and the Ross side

ORR near Slieverue?? Different county ???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Max Powers wrote: »
    ORR near Slieverue?? Different county ???

I assume he means the the small dual carriageway that feeds up to the N25 Bypass. Just beyond Belview Roundabout there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

like everything else theres a fb page for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I see it there often enough makes no sense having it so close to a roundabout nobody would pick up that kind of speed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Faq wrote: »
    I see it there often enough makes no sense having it so close to a roundabout nobody would pick up that kind of speed

as above, my point exactly

Also is not that part of Waterford? ( :D waits for it) The postal address out there is Sliabh Rua, Co. Kilkenny, VIA Waterford ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭amber69

as above, my point exactly

Also is not that part of Waterford? ( :D waits for it) The postal address out there is Sliabh Rua, Co. Kilkenny, VIA Waterford ;)

The via means via the nearest postal sorting office I think. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

he on about across from the rhu glenn i know exactly what your on about and believe it or not them fcukers catch a lot of truck drivers speeding on that stretch of road as the national speed limit for a truck is 80kph while some trucks have a limiter to either 90km or 100km we can still be caught as i have twice by two well hidden speed vans in my truck, and there generally parked out that road at 4am as i've come across it loads out there and also on glenmore hill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I often wondered about the logic of locating it there alright. Can't imagine it does catch many speeding.

However unfortunately a number of people have died on this stretch of road over the years including a gentleman from Glenmore only recently at the Rhu Glenn. In saying that there is less likelihood of an accident where the speed camera van stops due to the new road layout there.

Also posting about Slieverue in the Waterford City forum is the only place you will get a relavent response. Regardless of it being in County Kilkenny it is far closer to Waterford City and people from Waterford are probably far more familiar with Slieverue compared to the good folks in the Kilkenny forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thedancingcow

These vultures annoy me - they turned up on Christmas morning once by Kilcohan - Christmas feckin morning - crazy carry on. Never saw the Slieverue one, but they really really really annoy me. No like - really annoy me like if you know, not just like normal annoyance - like real annoyance.... ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Whether we like it or not, they are only trying to uphold the law. If there wasn't any speeders, crashes, deaths etc., there wouldn't be the need for them.
    Don't speed simple as that.
    Speed limits have been put in place for a good reason, if there wasn't and there was a free for all there would be carnage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

accidents will happen aswell regardless of speed but some of them vans are only there to milk off society to give some one 2 point on there licence maybe extra points depending on the poor feicer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Ah ha, now I understand, they are after the trucks. I could have sworn it took my photo on Friday morning and I was only going about 85kmh, makes sense if they have it set at 80kmh for trucks.
    Also, its important that trucks adhere to the speed limit, for obvious reasons.
    I personally have no issue with speed cameras, if I speed and they catch me then it is deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Bards

Whether we like it or not, they are only trying to uphold the law. If there wasn't any speeders, crashes, deaths etc., there wouldn't be the need for them.
    Don't speed simple as that.
    Speed limits have been put in place for a good reason, if there wasn't and there was a free for all there would be carnage.

Just like we have 80 km/h on boreens, when dual carriageways were at 60 km/h, good reasons all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Bards wrote: »
    Just like we have 80 km/h on boreens, when dual carriageways were at 60 km/h, good reasons all right.

So I take it that you don't agree with certain speed limits ?
    It's not the gardai that decide them they just have to enforce them.

Advertisement