Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing the Silvia V3 steam wand in a Gaggia Classic!

• 03-05-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

Has anyone ever put a Silvia V3 steam wand on a Gaggia Classic?

I ordered a V2 wand but got a V3 wand by mistake and its rather bigger than the the V2.

I found this thread which indicates its possible with the right parts!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Cableguy wrote: »
    Has anyone ever put a Silvia V3 steam wand on a Gaggia Classic?

I ordered a V2 wand but got a V3 wand by mistake and its rather bigger than the the V2.

I found this thread which indicates its possible with the right parts!

Not a straight forward fix so sent this back for the V2 wand.

Hoping to have this soon and am hoping to give my Latte Art making another try - otherwise I'll just stick to the Nespresso Citiz - Aeroccino Milk Frother! which is amazing for standard frothed milk but no use for Late Art as the micro foam is just not that micro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

How did this turn out for you? Got a classic myself and never use the steam wand, its too low down and I tend to spill the milk when I'm
    removing the jug. Is this the wand you bought? Does it swivel upwards so as to clear the jug when you remove it? Is it easy to install? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

How did this turn out for you? Got a classic myself and never use the steam wand, its too low down and I tend to spill the milk when I'm
    removing the jug. Is this the wand you bought? Does it swivel upwards so as to clear the jug when you remove it? Is it easy to install? Cheers

Hi Dude, yep that is the new wand I got back the other day thanks to Scott in Happy Donkey who kindly replaced it.

Fitting it was a breeze no modification needed and it screwed in very nicely. The wand itself is so much better than that plastic bubble blower you get from Gaggia.

This wand does not however swivel upwards! it rotates no problem left to right or back an forth! I dont seem to have the problem your having though but saying that I am only ever frothing for 1. If I was t fill the jug Id have your problem - then Id just try raising the Gaggia on something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Think I'll go for it so. Maybe buy a smaller jug too, cheers man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Just when I thought I was happy for a while!

Getting one too.

Pics?

• Advertisement
Advertisement