Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bets a winner...pp wont pay til the end of the season.

Options
  • 03-05-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hey guys. So I have a bet which was placed about 6/7 games into the season, for Liverpool NOT to finish in the top 4. They are now 10 points off 4th with 3 games left. So I presumed it would be paid out, but pp are telling me all these bets aren't paid til after the last game of the season. And that they only paid out on Man Utd winning the league early as a special once off.

I know its not too long to wait for a long term bet, but there is a good bit of money involved, and it could be used elsewhere in the next couple of weeks.

Just wondering should I keep at them seeing as my bet is a winner now? Or do they actually wait til the end of the season to settle these long term bets. Yer man said it's in case of any points deductions.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

It is an 'End of Season' bet unfortunately for you :-(
    Sometimes bookies will pay out early but the correct procedure is when the competition is over.
    As 'yer man' said, there's always the possibility of points deductions and as Liverpool would most likely gain from this your bet would then be a loser.
    Technicality, but I can understand why they would want to hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Must be the amount in question that is the reason they are not
    paying out.
    If it was a small amount I'm sure they would pay it.

Advertisement