Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remis current waiting list

• 03-05-2013 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has heard back from Remis re: his current waiting list lately? I had spoken with him this time last year re: a piece and he seemed pretty into it; told me he had spaces in Sept but I couldn’t book in the end due the oul hole in the pocket! Contacted him again this week about the same concept (although I’ve changed placement) and haven’t heard back from him, so kicking myself for not booking last year now!

Marty McFly, you might be able to help on this one?! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TheBellJar wrote: »
    Hi guys, wondering if anyone has heard back from Remis re: his current waiting list lately? I had spoken with him this time last year re: a piece and he seemed pretty into it; told me he had spaces in Sept but I couldn’t book in the end due the oul hole in the pocket! Contacted him again this week about the same concept (although I’ve changed placement) and haven’t heard back from him, so kicking myself for not booking last year now!

Marty McFly, you might be able to help on this one?! :)

Im sorry to say you probably missed your chance for this year he's going traveling again for a year in June and at the moment he's not taking anymore bookings for this year at all, he's mostly finishing off pieces he has already started or some lucky people who got some spare space off him.

Best bet is to try get a booking off him at one the conventions or meet him along his travels, I know he hasn't taken any bookings for London yet he's holding off and he has Saturday still available for Napoli although some one in Italy was ringing trying to get that on Tuesday when I was there he will be tattoing Paolo formerly of Skin City on the Friday, or wait till next year when he comes back to Ireland, he's not sure if he will be staying in Ireland but he will certainly be back for a few months anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Im sorry to say you probably missed your chance for this year he's going traveling again for a year in June and at the moment he's not taking anymore bookings for this year at all, he's mostly finishing off pieces he has already started or some lucky people who got some spare space off him.

Best bet is to try get a booking off him at one the conventions or meet him along his travels, I know he hasn't taken any bookings for London yet he's holding off and he has Saturday still available for Napoli although some one in Italy was ringing trying to get that on Tuesday when I was there he will be tattoing Paolo formerly of Skin City on the Friday, or wait till next year when he comes back to Ireland, he's not sure if he will be staying in Ireland but he will certainly be back for a few months anyway.

Aw man, always the way!! :(

Thanks!

TheBellJar wrote: »
    Aw man, always the way!! :(

Thanks!

If you have the patience try get on his list for next year when he comes back, his wife is now in charge of his appointments etc and has him very organized :) but he probably wont even start looking at booking for next year until he is close to coming back.

If you have the patience try get on his list for next year when he comes back, his wife is now in charge of his appointments etc and has him very organized :) but he probably wont even start looking at booking for next year until he is close to coming back.

It'll depend on funds, I kind of wanted to get a deposit down now when I have the cash! I guess I'll wait though, honestly can't think of anyone else I'd want doing it instead. Ah well! All good things come.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

where is this dude currently based??

• Advertisement

billy2012 wrote: »

In Dublin but not out of a studio,

In Dublin but not out of a studio,

Is he still doing tattoos? Some of his work is fantastic.

You must be the most helpful person on boards!! Cheers.

Is he still doing tattoos? Some of his work is fantastic.

You must be the most helpful person on boards!! Cheers.

Yeh he is still on doing tattoo's I finished this on Tuesday http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84402989&postcount=664 but he's fully booked up until he leaves to go travelling in June, he will be back next year though.

Ha thanks :o.

Yeh he is still on doing tattoo's I finished this on Tuesday http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84402989&postcount=664 but he's fully booked up until he leaves to go travelling in June, he will be back next year though.

Spectacular tattoo mate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Think Billy was on about Paulo not Remis Marty - least he had Paulo in bold when he asked the above ;)

Whoosh, so happy I got my tattoo off him last year. Where's Remis spreading his wings to?

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Think Billy was on about Paulo not Remis Marty - least he had Paulo in bold when he asked the above ;)

Whoosh, so happy I got my tattoo off him last year. Where's Remis spreading his wings to?

Oops my bad was rushing around to head out :o, Paolo is back home in Sardinia but he could be moving again soon.

Remis ah he's going all over bought himself a car to travel around Europe for a few months then after that were ever the wind takes him but he wont be back for a year.

Ah so he's coming back to Ireland anywho? I picked it up that he was questioning whether to stay here or not after his travels.

Surprised if Paulo moves from Sardinia, he seemed fairly homesick when I met him last year. Can't imagine him having gotten that out of his system just yet.

Well I'm going to hold out for Remis; was just having a 'I want to do everything today' kind of day yesterday.

Always best to hold out for who ya want, otherwise ya might regret it later on.

Be nearly 2015 before I can get my hands on Andy Engel, but I like to think it just allows me more time to save and I can make a decent holiday out of it :)

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Ah so he's coming back to Ireland anywho? I picked it up that he was questioning whether to stay here or not after his travels.

Surprised if Paulo moves from Sardinia, he seemed fairly homesick when I met him last year. Can't imagine him having gotten that out of his system just yet.

Well he's coming back to Ireland for a few months anyway I glt the impression he's not to fond of it here because of the weather but the wife is taking a career break, but minimum he will be back for a few months beyond that he hasn't planned much.

Yeh Paolo was homesick but the problem is he's not really doing to many tattoo's in Sardinia and being Sardinia there's not much money to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Never heard of remis
    I'm assuming he is one of the best around
    What's his prices like and I'm also assuming by thread title he is always booked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

He's highly booked and only seems to spend a few months in Ireland at a time.

Think he's 150 an hour, could be mistaken though.

Yes, he's one of the best in Ireland. His portraiture is fantastic. Marty McFly would be the best person to ask about him. He did this on Marty - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056550063&page=45 (post number 664).

Well worth waiting and paying for IMO.

In between this thread and now, I had seen some of Marcins work on another artist and had decided to go with him. I emailed him the idea and his GF replied to say he could do it, but couldn't draw it up til 2 days beforehand as he's so busy. I wasn't sure about that, so she said I could call in after 6 some evening to have a chat about it and see if I wanted to book.

However... I just got this reply from Remis now too:

'Thanks for your email. Remis likes your tattoo idea. But unfortunately he is fully booked for 2013 in Dublin. He will start taking new appointments in March 2014. If you consider to wait please email him again next year.

Regards,
    Inga - Remis Tattoo'

March seems an awful long way away and I was content enough to go with Marcin as I really like his work, but now I'm uncertain again. Arggghhh! What am I like! I think it's because it's on my arm that I want to make sure I LOVE it. I have 3 tattoos I love and one that's 'grand', which is on my wrist. Thing is, now that I know so much more about styles and my own preferences, I know I really won't be happy with 'grand'. That's not to say Marcin wouldn't do a deadly job, I'm 99% certain he would - but I'm 100% sure I'd get what I want if I held out for Remis. It'd prob be August now before I'd get to Marcin moneywise, so I'm wondering if it's as well to hold out another 6 months then...

Oh dear god, someone make my mind up for me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dondaric

Do both;)

dondaric wrote: »
    Do both;)
    I WAS thinking I could get Marcin to do the thigh piece I want instead and hold out for Remis then...
    But I'd also need to win the lottery:D

• Advertisement

I've said this before, what's a few months wait when you're going to get an amazing piece of artwork from one of the most sought after tattooists Ireland has to offer? And it's not like it'd be your last ever tattoo presumably, so you can always keep Marcin in mind for another piece.

Genuinely think Remis is worth the wait, unless you think Marcin can do a much better job for the idea you have in mind? Though seeing as you had Remis in mind to do it, you might later regret handing it over to Marcin?

Tough choices only you can decide on. Both are fantastic artists :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Does anyone know if Remis is in Dublin at the moment? I mailed about 3 weeks ago and no reply, mailed again on Friday and no reply yet.

Not sure whether to keep waiting or start looking elsewhere or what.

nm wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Remis is in Dublin at the moment? I mailed about 3 weeks ago and no reply, mailed again on Friday and no reply yet.

Not sure whether to keep waiting or start looking elsewhere or what.

He is back and according to his Facebook he's settling here for the foreseeable future.

One thing about Remis he can be bad at the best of times in getting in touch with people I remember when I was on his waiting list getting a bit frustrated once or twice.

But I would wait another while he is worth it also he is only back from travelling so I would imagine he is still trying to settle back in to life.

The girlfriend mailed him as well and has heard nothing back and I told her patience would be needed before she did.

He also gave priority to pieces already started when he returned so will prob take him a while to work through them first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

waiting time: 6 months? 18 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I still can't get him. Apparently he's in Rome this weekend, going by his facebook.

Nightmare, can't even get a reply.

Edit: I got him - way backed up, going through appointment requests for Dublin from the whole previous year he was away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Does anyone know where Remis is working from since he is back in Dublin?

nm wrote: »
    I still can't get him. Apparently he's in Rome this weekend, going by his facebook.

Nightmare, can't even get a reply.

Edit: I got him - way backed up, going through appointment requests for Dublin from the whole previous year he was away.

Nice glad you got a reply :), you going to wait? He give you an idea of how long a wait? The girlfriend is still waiting to hear back from him but is no panic to get it done what with being pregnant and all :)

Think I was waiting over a year for my first sitting, but gave me lots of time to save up for it.

Advertisement