Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lordi gig last night

Options
  • 03-05-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

any one go to this gig. was going to go for my birthday but didnt bother in the end due to upcoming holiday that i have to save money for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yes. My head is still a mess from it. One of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Sorry to say it, but you made a mistake by not going.

edit -> oh, happy birthday ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Yes. My head is still a mess from it. One of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Sorry to say it, but you made a mistake by not going.

edit -> oh, happy birthday ^^

Thanks mate. didnt have anyone to go with either lol. ah damn it. wouldnt have minded seeing them. was it sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Birthday :)

Was fantastic fun! :D

The body is paying for it today, slumped at the work desk. :o

They certainly go all out with props, costumes, doodads and beheadings.
    I was wondering if they had a huge stage, what their stage show would actually be like? :eek:

Hope the holidays fun though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

No. There was still room at the back and according to the DME facebook page, tickets were still available as of two days before.

They played all the (rather, my) favourites, except perhaps babez for breakfast. They managed to fit in some brief bass, drum and guitar solo pieces without being boring and had plenty of theatrics and props going. If they ever come back, I'll go in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rockthistown

Not as good as the last time they played, but still a good gig. Didn't sell that well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Good gig, Lordi are always fun and put on a good show.
    I agree with rockthistown that the previous gig was better,they had plenty of pyro's in that show which was mad for a venue the size of the Button Factory.

I thought there were more at the gig last night than the last one, I could be wrong tho, I am a bit like Dougal when it comes to crowd estimations.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Went to this with relatively low expectations and was blown away, incredibly tight band and a great setlist, Hulking Dynamo is a great song how the hell did it not make the cut for Get Heavy. Kaledon were enjoyable also, bought their new album and got it signed by the lads in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Can't wait for Manchester Wednesday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Can't believe I'm only hearing about this now.

Utterly gutted.
    Saw Lordi in TBF in 2009 and they were brilliant. Immense showmanship and the quality of the musicianship didn't suffer one iota throughout the show.

+1 Lord Chessington, if they ever come back I'll book it in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

id look out for next time they tour here so. raging i didnt make it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Superb gig last night...the venue was nowhere near sold out either.

Advertisement