Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waxing problems

• 03-05-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I am a wax therapist and am having some problems with waxing clients that wear fake tan on their legs. Wax can be more difficult to remove from legs that are dry and as tan dries it out more, its very hard to get remove the wax cleanly. Does anyone know what I can do as its only happens to people who wear tan?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Maybe try pre-waxing oils that would soften the skin a bit? I'm baffled at how people would have their legs covered in fake tan for their waxing appoitments- you have to leave the hair grow out for a wax so why would they have tanned up hairy legs:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

or maybe I read that wrong and the legs are just dry in general from fake tan. Could you tell your regular clients just to moisturise often to make sure they get a good clean wax?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭butlerjustine

Yeah I guess I could ask but I wonder in clients would be a bit insulted? I did mention it the last time as the client could see that the wax was actually coming off the strip and staying on the leg. This has happened before around the shin area as that can get dry but definitely not this much.

I advise moisturising to my clients to prevent ingrown hairs but is there anything I can do myself that can help when this problem happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There is a website called salongeek.com which is a forum for beauty professionals. You might get a good response if you asked there too?

Advertisement