Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geotargeting & paid ads ? Yay or Nay?

Options
  • 03-05-2013 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Always a tricky one. Maybe not so, if it just comes to targeting Dublin.
    What are your experiences of it?
    I have heard down through the years , that because lots of hosting is around Dublin, that if you are targeting people in Cork with PPC, they may or may not see your ads?
    I'd imagine that just targeting Dublin would be fine, but outside of Dublin seems to be a grey area.
    Other option is to target Ireland and stick in 31 counties as your negative keywords, including towns etc. Seems like a lot of hard work depending on your campaign.....:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Mods. You can delete this if necessary. I had an old thread on the same subject and could resurrect it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Ok. Another question here in relation to enhanced PPC campaigns. I see you can now bid by location, so can make adjustments to your bidding.

Say I just wanted to target Dublin with a PPC campaigns. Would it be better to choose "Dublin" and set a bid, then add 31 other counties to the campaign, but bid "-100%"? This way, in theory, the ads should only be displayed in Dublin?

Advertisement