Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Air Cinema in Italian Quarter - The Italian Job

Options
  • 03-05-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Anyone go to this last night? its a great Idea ..if the weather plays along.. tonights movie is Quadrophenia .. might take a run in tonight to see what the craic is..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

First I've heard if it. Hopefully it was the original Italian Job and not that crappy remake.

Is it running for many nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    Anyone go to this last night? its a great Idea ..if the weather plays along.. tonights movie is Quadrophenia .. might take a run in tonight to see what the craic is..

what:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That was a well kept secret!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Would someone be able to tell me where the 'Italian Quarter' is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

the walkway beside body shop leads to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

It's where the French bakery is...

johnire wrote: »
    That was a well kept secret!

Very quiet. Just looked up their facebook page where they are announcing the film for that evening each morning.

Between O'Connell Street and Rockwood Parade. Its where The Bistro/Gulivers/and other Italian place is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

irish-stew wrote: »
    Very quiet. Just looked up their facebook page where they are announcing the film for that evening each morning.

Between O'Connell Street and Rockwood Parade. Its where The Bistro/Gulivers/and other Italian place is.

Yeah seems it was a bit last minute, would have gone if I'd known in advance/what film they were screening. Would be lovely to see something like during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I didn't hear a thing about it. Haven't heard much about So Sligo this year either.

I agree but I do know that The Model have a couple of French films on over the next week or so and for €10 you get the cinema admission and a glass of wine....a pleasant way to spend an evening!!
    magnumlady wrote: »
    I didn't hear a thing about it. Haven't heard much about So Sligo this year either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

there is a facebook page and they and they announce each nights movie on the day it is shown ... was down in the "Italian Quarter" today .. nice atmosphere .. but again the weather really makes it .. it was a bit windy and overcast today .. tonights film was "Cinema Paradiso" .. didn't make it ;-(

there was a few stalls set up selling burgers and pasta with a mobile wine bar .. don't know how the french bakery shop feels now that area is renamed the "Italian Quarter"!

facebook page is "the Italian Quarter"

In relation to The Model Cinema, is it any good, or getting much of a crowd? I seen them advertising Good Vibrations in the week. Would wonder if it got many, considering when I seen it in The Gailty there was only about 3 of us there.
    there is a facebook page and they and they announce each nights movie on the day it is shown ... was down in the "Italian Quarter" today .. nice atmosphere .. but again the weather really makes it .. it was a bit windy and overcast today .. tonights film was "Cinema Paradiso" .. didn't make it ;-(

there was a few stalls set up selling burgers and a mobile wine bar .. don't know how the french bakery shop feels now that area is renamed the "Italian Quarter"!

Not everyone is on FB though, even then, it was on here that I seen it mentioned first, and I subscribe to the Italian Qtr page.

Oh yes.... I'm a big fan of The Model cinema.

Keep an eye on their website....it gives the listings a few weeks know advance. They have a really good mix of world cinema films.
    The admission is €8 or €7 if you book online.

quote="irish-stew;84467186"]In relation to The Model Cinema, is it any good, or getting much of a crowd? I seen them advertising Good Vibrations in the week. Would wonder if it got many, considering when I seen it in The Gailty there was only about 3 of us there.

Not everyone is on FB though, even then, it was on here that I seen it mentioned first, and I subscribe to the Italian Qtr page.[/quote]

haven't been there in the model cinema in a while .. we went to see "Midnight In Paris" and it was packed .. would have liked to have seen "Good Vibrations" .. but couldn't get to it!

yeah the movie thing wasn't advertised all that well

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bodidly

Was down there today and there was a great atmosphere with kids getting faces painted and street food and great live music. Was chatting to a few of the workers and they told me they had ads on radio, flyers dropped to estates as well as Facebook twitter etc. but I only happened upon it by chance. Fair play to them trying to create fun around the place!

irish-stew wrote: »
    In relation to The Model Cinema, is it any good, or getting much of a crowd? I seen them advertising Good Vibrations in the week. Would wonder if it got many, considering when I seen it in The Gailty there was only about 3 of us there.

They show some brilliant movies, esp because I'm not really a fan of what the Gaiety bring in. There's always a handful of people there. Slice cafe serves wine and nibbles before the movie that you can bring in with you. They update their fb and website regularly with the listings: http://themodel.ie/film

we went to "Roman Holiday" last night .. they had a few Gazebos set up with tables and chairs .. wasn't too cold.. there was a box of blankets at the door of Casa Mia for people to use .. we had a few glasses of wine and some food ... and it was really nice

BUT the mobile wine bar was too close to the screen and a crowd of lads took residence there for the night, we could hardly hear the movie at times, we ended up leaving half way thru the movie .. was such a pity, it would have lovely to have sat there all night, we mentioned it to the management when we left, they offered to turn the volume up but at that stage we just wanted to leave.

apart from that it was a great idea and If its on again I would deffo make an effort to go .. as long as the mobile wine bar is moved a bit!

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

It's where the French bakery is...

And the Polish foodstore

Henlars67 wrote: »
    And the Polish foodstore

The Tri-National Quarter Corner

Advertisement