Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10/22 Takedown

Options
  • 03-05-2013 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I was in with Dave Mullvihill's last week and while showing me some of the new toys he brought out a Ruger 10/22 Takedown.

At first I didn't know it was a takedown and asked what happened the stock as I could see the split. He told me to push a pin at the bottom of the stock and turn the barrel. I did and it came apart into two parts. I stood there with a big grin on my face saying "That is class" :cool:

I have to say it is a class bit of kit and it very simple take apart and put back together. If I had more space in my safe without having to go to the next security level I would definitely get one just as a fun gun.

I'd love to see how well it shoots but going on some of the Youtube clips its seems to shoot very well.

11100.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Have yet to see one up close, Looks like a handy gun if thats the sort of 22 you are after, Might be a little restrictive if you want to go down the custom route a lot of 10/22 owners do. Its easy to see why it would be popular in America as a "camping gun"

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

they are good, but useless when you put a scope on it!!
    like cw67irl said, they would make a great camping gun!

Advertisement