Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anything that can kill grass only

• 03-05-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

is there any chemical that can kill grass only but leave flowers,their bulbs/seeds alone not affecting them at all.I have a flower bed and grass has encroached onto it and im worried that itll choke the flowers that are blooming

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭madchild

not to my knowledge but ya could do what most people do and pull it out that is if your not afraid of gettin your hands dirty.. if so pay someone else to do it for ya..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

is there any chemical that can kill grass only but leave flowers,their bulbs/seeds alone not affecting them at all.I have a flower bed and grass has encroached onto it and im worried that itll choke the flowers that are blooming

You could remove the grass by hand,and then scatter in some medium to mini bark chip around the flowers and bulbs.

This will prevent the grass from growing while the flowers and bulbs gets going.:)

Our garden is like this (tons of plants and then some bark chip) and the amount of new flowers that have popped up from last years flowers and plants self seeding is great.

But no grass to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

is there any type of plant i can grow alongside that would aid in the flowers growth and compliment it once i remove the grass that would not grow too vigourously like clover or something like that.
    Also can i get the entire flowerbed be cut with the lawnmower once theyve died back in say the autumn without damaging them to come back next spring?

Advertisement