Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Foundation Brand (for pale skin)

• 03-05-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

What is the best foundation brand for pale skin? Or is branding just a gimmick and they are all much the same?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty

I'm pale and the foundations I have found good colour matches in are Mac Studio Sculpt, Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing and YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat. The YSL is my favourite. I have not found a good match in a cheaper brand yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

The Lisa Eldridge You Tube channel has loads of tutorials on foundation, including this one for pale skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQHn-uOWfw

I use Bare Minerals Fairly Light myself, and I like it (don't love it though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

The only two uber pale foundations I've tried are MAC Studio Sculpt in NC15 and Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Soft Ivory. Everything else is very dark on me (I'm lighter than MAC NW15/Bourjois 51)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I use Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in porcelain and Urban Decay 0.5 at the moment. The Bobbi Brown is slightly lighter but I love them both. Lovely pale shades.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

If you find that no match is good for your complexion , 'Illamasqua' do a great foundation - It is white , which allows you to mix it with another foundation to bring down the colour to what you are.

http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/products/face-and-body/foundations/skin-base-foundation-sb-01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I really like Studio Sculpt too - great foundation! Buildable medium coverage, and if you use a primer underneath it'll last an age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

I love Clinique Superbalanced in Alabaster, it's quite light coverage and very moisturising. I've tried a few others including Lancome and Chanel and I always come back to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

MAC have some of their foundations in NC/W 5 and 10, which have only been made available here in the last few years. Worth heading in and seeing if they're any good. I use MAC face and body in the palest shade which is slightly too dark but I use an NC5 powder over it and it works well. When I used to wear full foundation the only one that matched and suited my dry skin was Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid- it has two very pale shades, ivory and porcelain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I use bojouirs healthy mix in 51, really like it!

I have looked in a few chemists though as I've recently run out and could only find healthy mix serum? Is the original formula still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Can anymore recommend a good tinted moisturiser or BB cream which comes in a pale shade?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I use bojouirs healthy mix in 51, really like it!

I have looked in a few chemists though as I've recently run out and could only find healthy mix serum? Is the original formula still available?

They changed the formula so it was out of stock for a while. I don't think I like the new formula

They changed the formula so it was out of stock for a while. I don't think I like the new formula

Oh no whats different :( ?

First the Rimmel liquid liner in brown, not this! Any time I find a product i love it gets discontinued :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Oh no whats different :( ?

First the Rimmel liquid liner in brown, not this! Any time I find a product i love it gets discontinued :(

Im not sure but it seems to make my skin greasier? Could be just me though

Im not sure but it seems to make my skin greasier? Could be just me though

Yeah the one I saw said 'radiant'.. I'll still give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Sheela wrote: »
    Can anymore recommend a good tinted moisturiser or BB cream which comes in a pale shade?
    The Gosh BB Cream in 01 Sand is a really good colour for fair skin tones. It's around €14. If you want something cheaper, Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in no. 13 Bright Beige is really pale too (it also has better coverage than the Gosh one) - the only thing with that is unless you're in Asia, you'll have to get it on ebay.

Advertisement