Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJW M9 GBB slide not connecting

• 03-05-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

I have my kjw m9 GBB pistol and I recently took it apart and tried to re assemble it but the slide won't connect to the lower part of the gun? Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Haribo1358 wrote: »
    I have my kjw m9 GBB pistol and I recently took it apart and tried to re assemble it but the slide won't connect to the lower part of the gun? Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

are you sliding it along the tracks that its supposed to slide it onto? is it going on at all or is there resistence have way through the process please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Haribo1358

Yes there is a resistance around half way and yeh I'm sliding it along the tracks properly

Yes there is a resistance around half way and yeh I'm sliding it along the tracks properly

well with my kj m9 , when i was putting the slide back on , it took a bit of force to rack it back all the way. in saying that it didnt take all my strength and im not a particularly big guy. you should be able to get it back on with a bit of force but if it takes a lot of strength there is definitely something else wrong in which case i wont attempt to help as i will most likely be just guessing:D
    hope you get it fixed!

nope not working but thanks anyway also the plastic outter barrell can slide off the inner barrell

nope not working but thanks anyway also the plastic outter barrell can slide off the inner barrell

sorry bout that. maybe contact the manufacturer or go into one of the shops....im sure theyd be more than happy to help.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks a lot anyway and yeh will bring it to one of the shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

a really stupid question but have you got the slide catch in the down position (as in the 'button' that holds the slide in place, not the actual slide release itself) i know it's a obvious thing but just thought i'd ask. I used to have this problem too, but all i had to do was keep trying and eventually it would slide back on. Found the problem to be the spring guide for the blowback function would catch on the inside of the frame where the slide release was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

When you say you dismantled it do you mean that you just removed the slide to clean and oil it or you got out the screw drivers ?????????

In order to determine if it may be related to the barrel, spring guide, spring etc remove these from the slide and see if the slide will go on to the frame minus these parts and slide back and forth with little or no resistance

If it does the your problem is connected with them and if it does not then your problem is in the lower frame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Also, if you had the blowback assembly in the back of the slide apart, you may have squeezed the grey retaining cage by accident, squashing the rail sections together. This is the part that has the two air nozzle springs attached. It should be able to slide up and down on the lower frame by itself with no resistance.

Stephen

Advertisement