Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One month Ban - AH

Options
  • 03-05-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I have been banned from After Hours for one month by whoopsadaisydoodles for the following;

Moderator Note

Being a dick; rape isn't funny

Due to the following post
    Originally Posted by suicide_circus viewpost.gif
    I'm hopped up on the weed right now, oh I've got the reefer madness alright! my pants are crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when i cant find a rape victim.

The thread in which this post appeared: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056932249

Now, in isolation, I can see how such a post would warrant a ban. However, this thread was discussing attitudes towards issues such as abortion, gay marriage and the legalisation of cannabis and the section of my post in bold, is taken from Hunter S. Thompson's famous "know your dope fiend" quote from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and is a satirical take on hysterical conservative views of cannabis users (dope fiends).

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/126079-know-your-dope-fiend-your-life-may-depend-on-it

Obviously rape isn't funny but the bit that got me banned is satirical comedy from Thompson, (to steal a quote from his wiki page); "the true voice of Thompson is revealed to be that of American moralist ... one who often makes himself ugly to expose the ugliness he sees around him."

If i had put the quote in " " would it have been ok? I will happily remove the post if that will put an end to the issue. I have PMed the mod in question but a response has not been forthcoming.

Many thanks

s_c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi s_c

Can you retry communication with the mod please and we will take it from there.

Micky

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

issue resolved :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement