Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip in Art and Design at NCAD, interview!! Looking for advice!

Options
  • 03-05-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I have an interview next week in NCAD for the Hdip in Art and Design. I was wondering if anyone has been for this interview and what I should expect. It's a group interview 6 candidates and 2 panel members. I have teaching experience but I was wondering what type of questions they ask and how the interview may be structured!! I'm usually a nervous wreck at interviews and because this one is a group situation I'm more nervous than usual!!! :eek: Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 needdainfo

hey Heididam

Wonder how you got on in your interview?

I have mine this week.. Can you give me any pointers; what kind of questions did they ask?
    Also, the drawing project; what did you do (draw? did you use colour? etc. and what did you do for your second page i.e. development of 1st page?)

any info would be much appreciated..
    as soon as possible.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Janey111

Hi There! :)

Just wondering how the interviews went? Hope went well! I have my interview with Limerick next week and trying to prepare for it but really not sure what I should be looking into? Any advice greatly appreciated please

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Heididam

Hi, sorry 'needdainfo' I only seen your post today, I hope the interview with NCAD went well.
    Janey I have heard that the Limerick interview is 2 interviewers on one. I know there is a writing task for Limerick, I asked my friend as she went for the interview a couple of years ago, she couldn't remember exactly what it was but she said it wasn't too hard.
    For the NCAD interview they asked us:

To speak about ourselves and what we have been doing.
    The positives or negatives in our education.
    What makes a good teacher
    What makes a good learning environment
    What our opinion was on the transition from Art in school to Art college
    Why we wanted to become a teacher
    We had to pick a postcard with an image on it and discuss the image
    They asked if we had any questions (so have a few prepared)

Because the NCAD interview is a group situation I think that in ways you are tested on your listening skills and communication within the group.
    I know with Limerick you have to do a verbal presentation so maybe if you try and hit off a few of these topics.
    Before the interview I had prepared for a few of these questions, I didn't learn anything off but just got my thoughts and opinions clear in my head. Also eye contact, speaking clearly and body language are very important.
    I hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any questions.
    Best of luck with the interview :)

Advertisement