Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bouncy running shoes?

Options
  • 03-05-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
    I was up at the great Ireland run a couple of weeks ago with my daughter and we seen a group of girls wearing these bouncy running shoes,would anyone know the name of them and where I could buy them?
    She has me scourged ever since.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

There's also these

I thought it was a photoshop/joke when I first saw them online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

And the Adidas version of these are appopriately called bounce

The Nikes ones and Adidas ones above are supposed to be very heavy and I don't think they would be great for kids or possibly even suitable for running at all.

But maybe they're not the ones you were looking for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Sacksian wrote: »

I thought it was a photoshop/joke when I first saw them online!

Have you seen these? Reebok ATV 19+
    A whole new kind of crazy :D

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Thanks for the replies lads.
    I eventually found out the name of them,they're called kangoo jumps.ordered a pair online,just waiting for them to arrive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

ooter wrote: »
    I eventually found out the name of them,they're called kangoo jumps.ordered a pair online,just waiting for them to arrive now.

Wow, people actually did a 10K in those :eek:

Gotta love the blurb on how they isolate fat cells:rolleyes::
    For those that are skeptical, the science has been backing this up for some time now. You see, the body needs a variety of motions to get a full work out done, and with rebounding you’re pushing the body’s crucial elements with relative ease. However, unlike running, you are not hitting the concrete hard with all your body weight, forward momentum and your joints aren’t absorbing the impact on every step. Instead the muscle contractions ease up and the joints are no longer locked or tensed with every bounce. That allows the body to distribute the impact throughout the body and isolate fat cells to lose them and replace them with lean muscle tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ooter wrote: »

Are you seriously telling me people actually run in these:
    Pro-71.jpg

:eek:
    That's nuts, you'd want to be actively looking to injure yourself to run in those.
    lway wrote: »
    That allows the body to distribute the impact throughout the body and isolate fat cells to lose them and replace them with lean muscle tissue.[/I][/SIZE]

Wow, so they can do what is physiologically impossible!!

Can they also turn water into wine? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I can safely attest to the fact that jiggling fat cells around does not magically make them dissappear.

I've been trying for years.

Maybe I need to change my footwear :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

When we seen the girls wearing them it was before the main race (my daughter had taken part in the junior race) so I've no idea if they wore them in the 10 k,maybe they were just promoting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

I guess im looking for both advice and suggestions.. I tend to have a fairly flat footed/plodding running style...no grace at all!
    I have always trained and raced in my asics GT series and have no complaints. Bought my 1st pair of racers - Asics Gel 05 Racers - in December and find them great. I havent had any injury issues either. Just an extra bit of calf stretching required.

I feel that the Asics do provide me with a bit of stability that I need but would love to train and race in lighter shoes.
    Should I stick to what I know or would running in more minimalist shoes help run running form/gait as I would like to get up on my toes more?

If a change is suggested, what brands should I be looking at? Thanks as always.

Advertisement