Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT Helmet

Options
  • 03-05-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice on TT helmets. I am currently in the market for one and would be willing to spend between €100 and €150. I will only be using it for Triathlons and the odd club time trial. Anybody got any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Make sure it fits your head, my first one even though I had the right measurements used to hurt the ears a little. I was marshaling at a triathlon a few months after buying it and I stuck on a few as they were coming into transition and found a Spiuk that fitted me better.

This site has some very competitively priced Lazer helmets

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/lazer/cycle-helmets-road-bcp1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

fluboy wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice on TT helmets. I am currently in the market for one and would be willing to spend between €100 and €150. I will only be using it for Triathlons and the odd club time trial. Anybody got any recommendations?

Thanks

I've got a giro advantage. Well happy with it. There is plenty going second hand, some here and other similar sites.
    make sure u can try on first.
    Def get good quality one for €100 and under

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I've got a giro advantage. Well happy with it. There is plenty going second hand, some here and other similar sites.
    make sure u can try on first.
    Def get good quality one for €100 and under

I have one of those (Giro Advantage in blue) for sale myself. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

catweazle wrote: »
    Make sure it fits your head, my first one even though I had the right measurements used to hurt the ears a little. I was marshaling at a triathlon a few months after buying it and I stuck on a few as they were coming into transition and found a Spiuk that fitted me better.

This site has some very competitively priced Lazer helmets

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/lazer/cycle-helmets-road-bcp1.html[/QUOTE]

anyone bought any of these lazer helmets...seem very cheap, are they decent and properly aerodynamic??

Advertisement