Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction beside Aquatic Centre?

Options
  • 03-05-2013 8:25pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm a member of the gym and pool at the Aquatic Centre. The past few months I've noticed a lot of new construction of new roads and footaths on the site beside the NAC car park.

Does anyone here know what is being built here? Is a new sports venue or something else? Just curious - thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Did the Bertie Bowl get the go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Erelliac

Check-out this link - A lot of work going on indeed!

http://www.nscda.ie/pressreleases.php

"25th March
    Contract placed for construction of Pavilion and Car Parking. For completion by December 2013.

14th March
    Contract placed for installation of Multi-Sport Pitches and Floodlighting. For completion by September 2013."

5th February
    Construction of Internal Access Roadway and Common Infrastructure gets underway – expected to be completed within 12 weeks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Cheers guys.:) So it looks like after a very long delay the rest of Sports Campus Ireland sans Bertie Bowl is going ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

If managed properly this could be a brilliant addition to the area, But I'd be amazed if they can do all that for €7 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

wow that will bring in a few hundred jobs! Looks bloody massive, Nice one
    Will it be open to everyone?

FAI HEADQUARTERS???

Shhshhhh dont tell Merkel or the troika :cool:

Advertisement