Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone to ipad

• 03-05-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

anyone know if you can watch e.g.. you tube videos on your iPhone , but instead of watching the iPhone screen , watch the ipad screen ,,,as its bigger..

I can connect my laptop to TV and watch dvds on my laptop but select TV screen.... like that I wanna do!

I have no internet at home but have all you can eat.... data ...on my phone!!
    I can watch net flix on iPhone , but it would be great if could watch them on
    the ipad , for more enjoyable viewing!

cheers

Paddy:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

You could create a hotspot with your iPhone and connect to it with your iPad.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4517

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

You could create a hotspot with your iPhone and connect to it with your iPad.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4517

Not an option hotspot not available in sim only monthly contract on 3. Just want to use the screen of ipad really

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I hate Apple so I don't know if this is a stupid question (and I'm not starting a flame war about Mac vs PC!!)

Why can't you just watch the videos on the iPad without the need for the iPhone? It has internet and a browser does it not?

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »

Wow that seems like the job! Very cheap app!! Have you tried it!? Thanks very much paddy

Soundman wrote: »
    I hate Apple so I don't know if this is a stupid question (and I'm not starting a flame war about Mac vs PC!!)

Why can't you just watch the videos on the iPad without the need for the iPhone? It has internet and a browser does it not?

Have all you can data on iphone with contract. No hotspot to use ipad ... Tether ... Only option is now I think the airframe app will allow wireless steam to ipad from iphone for example net flix was very heavy on the 15 gb 02 mobile broadband I did have , but it works perfectly on iphone! So if it transfers to the ipad with airframe I'm sorted !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Wow that seems like the job! Very cheap app!! Have you tried it!? Thanks very much paddy

I've no experience of it I'm afraid. I just use a mini displayport cable to HDMI to connect my MBP to the TV.

AirPlay lets you steam video to an Apple TV from a Mac or iOS device and it appears to work well. This app appears to utilise some of that capability for greater effect.

Here is a propaganda video:

There is also a free app called AirView which appears to have been pulled from the App store. You can still get it but you might not want to go down that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Not an option hotspot not available in sim only monthly contract on 3. Just want to use the screen of ipad really

I'm PAYG on 3 and I can use Hotspot at will.

Soundman wrote: »

Yes, it does, but he has already said that he doesn't have Internet at home -there's the rub.

iPad has a dedicated Netflix app.

• Advertisement

culabula wrote: »

Well done you ! A rep from 3 here states 3 do not provide or allow hotspot tethering on payg or indeed sim only monthly contract. . You must have iphone jail broken ??... If not can you confirm ?
    I will copy and paste your information and demand an explanation from 3.
    There are telling me un truths if you are correct. Many thanks

........from verified 3 rep on boards to me:
    There's no addon to provide the personal hotspot feature, it is not permitted on Three.

Well done you ! A rep from 3 here states 3 do not provide or allow hotspot tethering on payg or indeed sim only monthly contract. . You must have iphone jail broken ??... If not can you confirm ?
    I will copy and paste your information and demand an explanation from 3.
    There are telling me un truths if you are correct. Many thanks

........from verified 3 rep on boards to me:
    There's no addon to provide the personal hotspot feature, it is not permitted on Three.

That's true, it's not permitted.....but.....

Can you see the hotspot option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Same here. And when I asked about tethering before signing up I was told it wasn't included in the plan. But it has always worked.
    Ps phone is not jail broken.

That's true, it's not permitted.....but.....

Can you see the hotspot option?

Ya I can I use it all the time on computer ipad etc. the problem is I am just finished 18 month contract , and about to go on sim only shortly 3 do not allow that feature then. From 1 st jan 2012 all new contracts do not have it either with 3 ... Anyone , which includes myself that had a contract before jan 1st were allowed to hold on to it .... They obviously don't know you have it ! U must be a light user! Keep it going while you have it its fierce handy!

willah wrote: »
    Same here. And when I asked about tethering before signing up I was told it wasn't included in the plan. But it has always worked.
    Ps phone is not jail broken.

Maybe it will still work when info on sim only !!! Fingers crossed .... Thks

Ya I can I use it all the time on computer ipad etc. the problem is I am just finished 18 month contract , and about to go on sim only shortly 3 do not allow that feature then. From 1 st jan 2012 all new contracts do not have it either with 3 ... Anyone , which includes myself that had a contract before jan 1st were allowed to hold on to it .... They obviously don't know you have it ! U must be a light user! Keep it going while you have it its fierce handy!

I was bill pay, went PAYG -heavy data user. The fact that they do not allow or permit it does not mean the hotspot feature is disabled. Nor does it mean that they don't tolerate it either.

I wouldn't worry about it -sure in addition I am constantly using it while roaming. Haven't had a word said to me in two years. Sure beats beaming Netflix from iPhone to iPad !

I was bill pay, went PAYG -heavy data user. The fact that they do not allow or permit it does not mean the hotspot feature is disabled. Nor does it mean that they don't tolerate it either.

I wouldn't worry about -sure in addition I am constantly using it while roaming. Haven't had a word said to me in two years. Sure beats beaming Netflix from iPhone to iPad !

Needs must! Thinking of net flix for young lad using my all u can eat data .... Keep him quiet ! All the better if it still works ! Hopefully

Needs must! Thinking of net flix for young lad using my all u can eat data .... Keep him quiet ! All the better if it still works ! Hopefully

It doesn't stop working, you're just not supposed to do it. I doubt very much whether watching constantly Netflix on an iPhone or Netflix on an iPad connected to said iPhone will flag much of a difference.

Maybe it will still work when info on sim only !!! Fingers crossed .... Thks

I know at least 7 people on a SIM-only deal -all have Hotspot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ipad be best due to the mac/adobe software that enable to watch online more easily. Iphone probably be bit better than an android for this purpose but personally prefer a pc/laptop/netbook/tablet/ipad for this purpose.

I hold my hands up and prefer android smartphones but with the exception of an ipad/ipod are better I think for what you get compared to an iphone. An iphone is more expensive than an ipad?

• Advertisement

doovdela wrote: »
    Ipad be best due to the mac/adobe software that enable to watch online more easily. Iphone probably be bit better than an android for this purpose but personally prefer a pc/laptop/netbook/tablet/ipad for this purpose.

I hold my hands up and prefer android smartphones but with the exception of an ipad/ipod are better I think for what you get compared to an iphone. An iphone is more expensive than an ipad?

None of this is of much relevance to the question, I fear.

None of this is of much relevance to the question, I fear.

Correct !!!

Advertisement