Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP/ADVICE

Options
  • 03-05-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I had a dvr installed into my business recently, but when i copied the file information i wanted it saved to a usb as a h264 file. I took it to a computer whiz friend who converted it as a mp4 so that i could burn it onto a disc.

Im wondering can i copy a dvd directly from the dvr and how ??????:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I had a dvr installed into my business recently, but when i copied the file information i wanted it saved to a usb as a h264 file. I took it to a computer whiz friend who converted it as a mp4 so that i could burn it onto a disc.

Im wondering can i copy a dvd directly from the dvr and how ??????:mad:

Because this post is in 'Open Source' I guess you are looking for an Open Source solution.

You gave no indication about the format of the original file ..... which is of importance ...... nor whether you wanted to just store the file on a CD/DVD or burn the disk as a Video DVD.

There are many applications for this type of work, but it would help a lot to know exactly what you are dealing with and what the end product must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anneobrien1975

the file is a h264 file. i am trying to make a dvd which is playable in a home dvd player. I backed up the file from dvr to a usb then converted it to a mp4 so i could put it on a dvd disc it didnt play in dvd only on km player on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

the file is a h264 file. i am trying to make a dvd which is playable in a home dvd player. I backed up the file from dvr to a usb then converted it to a mp4 so i could put it on a dvd disc it didnt play in dvd only on km player on my laptop.

I was asking what format the file was on the DVR (original file if you still have it).

MP4 is not the format of files on a Video DVD, so to use it the file will have to be converted again, thus losing quality between conversions.

It would be best to use the original file.

There are lots of apps that will take a video file and produce either an ISO to burn a DVD or maybe even burn the DVD also.
    I tend to use separate apps for that.

DVDAuthor
    2ManDVD
    DeVeDE
    dvdstyler ...... has been a favourite of mine and recommend it

What operating system are you using?

Advertisement