Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grades: What is calculation point all about?

Options
  • 03-05-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Trying to figure out my potential grades,

What is the calculation point? You can tell this is my first year in UCD, and I haven`t a clue what this means.

If i get 64.50% in a module, do I have a B, or a B- ,

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

In the document linked above it says the lower and upper range of a B is 63.33 - 66.66, and it says the calculation point is 65.00.

Confused. Input welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

basically if you have something like an essay or something where your not marked outa % but a/b/c etc, if you get a B they use 65% for that portion in calculating final grade if that makes sense atall?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

from my understanding you have a b ,
    60.00-63.33 = b-
    63.34-66.66 = b
    66.67-69.99 = b+

Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Trying to figure out my potential grades,

What is the calculation point? You can tell this is my first year in UCD, and I haven`t a clue what this means.

If i get 64.50% in a module, do I have a B, or a B- ,

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

In the document linked above it says the lower and upper range of a B is 63.33 - 66.66, and it says the calculation point is 65.00.

Confused. Input welcome :)

Calculation point is when you're given a grade for some work instead of a mark. For instance, I got given a B in my 40% midterm - means I got in the range of 63.33-66.66, but they gave everyone in that range a B grade, which is calculated to 65.00%. It's used in some schools to keep the number of A+'s down (ie. you need an A+ in midterm and final exam to get an A+ overall, that kind of thing)

Advertisement