Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No picture!

Options
  • 03-05-2013 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I can't get any display from my pc - ACER aspire t671 and this video card

I haven't used in a few years. It was last set to s-video output on the video card in control panel and connected to an old tv (cathode ray tube). I tried connecting it to a different old school tv today to set it back to the DVI out but there is no picture on the TV to do this. The two DVI outputs on the video card don't work when connected to a monitor and either does the vga onboard output.

I tried disconnecting the video card to see if the onboard VGA would work but no joy.
    Monitor works fine.
    Video card powered up.
    TV connections work.
    There is some power being sent through the s-video cable but screen is blank.
    There is two short beeps on start up.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Got picture on the tv now :)

moved a stick of ram to another slot

However

bootmgr is missing...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/bootmgr-is-missing.htm

Perform a Startup Repair of Windows. This type of installation should replace any missing or corrupt files, including BOOTMGR.

Even though a Startup Repair is a common solution for BOOTMGR problems, don't worry if it doesn't fix your problem. Just continue troubleshooting - something will work.

make sure data,power cable to drive c ; is not loose, first.

Advertisement