Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 WM A MAX 178 OR 208 Grain Hornandy

Options
  • 03-05-2013 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

As above does anyone know of a dealer who stocks these rounds.
    I have used the 178 Grain A Max & find it exceptional round.Would like to stock up on them.Cheers.

Are you interested in a Group buy of A-Max 10 votes

155 gr, .308
    0% 0 votes
    168 gr, .308
    30% 3 votes
    178 gr, .308
    40% 4 votes
    178 gr, .300 WinMag
    30% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

If you find someone with them will you let me know.

I am running 180 gr sst but they've a lower BC than the A-Max and wouldn't mind checking them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Vegeta wrote: »
    If you find someone with them will you let me know.

I am running 180 gr sst but they've a lower BC than the A-Max and wouldn't mind checking them out.

Will do how are you finding the SST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Just received a suggestion that makes the world of sense,Is there anyone interested in a group buy in ammo in Hornandy A Max either 308 or 300 WM,or other suggestions on calibers .Strength in numbers & all that springs to mind,The RFD I deal with is being told by his supplier he needs to order in batches of 2,000 rds.If enough interest for a group buy in one go any RFD would be interested in the transaction.Not too bothered which RFD supplies & postage could be arranged through the dealer.Cass has kindly volunteered to put up a poll so any suggestions welcome.
    I would be looking for 200 300wm & 200 308 both 178 gr a max

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Continuing on from LotharMike's suggestion of a group buy i've included a poll.

The A-Max comes in a variety of different calibers, but only in bullet form. Meaning it's a reloading issue, and so options are restricted. The only complete rounds are for .308 & 300 WinMag. There are more calibers, but they are either exotic or wildcat so again somewhat irrelevant.

If anyone knows of others rounds that are available or they have a caliber they would like added just PM me, and i'll add it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

Id be interested in 200 308 168grs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

The 180 sst perform very well terminally and are more than consistent enough for stalking, but you know yourself I'd love to try the a-max for a side by side comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 .220 swift

Put me down for 200 178grain .308 amax

Going to make a call about this tomorrow so will have more info by the evening as to availability, and quantity.

Just for clarification purposes. I will not be dealing with this. I;m only organising a dealer to do it for us. As a result he can get in the amount people want, and have excess for repeat buys.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 .220 swift

Any update on how this is going?

From the conversations i've had with the dealer here is what i know.

A-Max are not brought in as a standard round. Only very limited amounts in special orders. As such any ammo must be ordered.

Now the dealer has assured me that if they can be got he has no problem getting a load in, and if necessary holding excess. However he is trying to nail them down. The regular supplier must bring them in first so if they cannot get them he must go elsewhere.

He said that there is no minimum order. The amount of Hornady he orders is quite large and this makes up any "minimum amount" a supplier might demand so the A-Max could be ordered on top of that to any amount.

I've been busy with real life stuff, and have not spoke to him in over a week but will call back on Tuesday,

• Advertisement
Advertisement