Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funniest thing child has done?

• 03-05-2013 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

If this thread has been done before please feel free to close it. If not here goes.

What's the one thing your child has done that had you in stitches laughing?

My kids were pretty different in the trouble they caused once they hit their teens. Few examples ,

My son took one of every pair of shoes outside the local mosque and hid them. He watched as the men spilled out of the mosque scratching their heads picking up their one shoe. In fairness he hid them under a car so they were found reasonably quickly .

Then there was the day the community Garda visited my door to say he caught my son and his friend pulling their imaginary rope across the road. Traffic of course did not realise it was imaginary and all slowed. The Garda was laughing his head off telling me but warned he wasn't to catch him doing it again.

Then there was the day my daughter opened the front door to find two Jehovah's witnesses standing there. My daughter who at the time was a committed goth was all in black with very black eye make up stood there and listened as they asked her if she wanted to learn more about God. My daughter turned from the door and shouted to me in the kitchen . "Mam fetch my gun " lol it was her fav Simpson quote but don't think the Jehovah's witnesses had seen the Simpsons as they backed away saying they would call another day. Lol

She was a harmless enough goth but I still got hauled into her school about her general goth ness. Had the priest tell me that people didn't like to see someone all in black wearing huge crucifixes . Asked him did that mean he wasn't popular himself . Pointing to his crucifix and black clothes. In fairness he laughed but not sure he really found it funny lol

They of course never got into any real trouble but liked to make their own brand of entertainment. They did grow up to be sensible(ish) lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Did your daughter ever grow out of that ridiculous goth crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You ever seen a drunk toddler? Frigging hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

While on a fun day out with my niece while driving I happened to be drinking coffee, my niece turns to me with a stern look on her face and says "you can't drink or drive you know! what if the guards catch you" I'm in stitches she then says "its not like I can drive us home" she was deadly serious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Did your daughter ever grow out of that ridiculous goth crap?

She did but honestly it was the lesser of two evils. As a goth she worn long ankle length skirts and long sleeve tops. She had a dramatic change to blonde hair , short skirts all that kind of stuff. Overnight almost. Was very weird lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Catkins407 wrote: »
    She did but honestly it was the lesser of two evils. As a goth she worn long ankle length skirts and long sleeve tops. She had a dramatic change to blonde hair , short skirts all that kind of stuff. Overnight almost. Was very weird lol

Wow, did you ever ask what brought about the change?

I never could understand the kinda goth culture in teenagers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I heard about this kid once who pretended to be the son of God.

Had a few laughs but it didn't end well for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Like 15 years ago when Ireland wasnt very multicultural, my family and I were in Dunnes. My 3/4 year brother started to freak when he seen some Arabs and shout look everyone there is Osama Bin Laden. I think they just laughed it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

My wife bought our 4 yr old a toy in Tesco. He insisted on carrying it around the shop saying "an amazing toy for a fabulous boy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Just like McAuley Caulkin, divorce your parents.

Wow, did you ever ask what brought about the change?

I never could understand the kinda goth culture in teenagers!

Yeah the reason was a guy called Steven . I didn't mind the goth stage . They grow out of those things eventually. My kids had no stamina lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Was doing the fr sound with my 3rd class a few years ago. We had frog, Fred, fright, all the fr words. Flying it altogether! Then I point to the big frown on my forehead and say what fr word describes my face?
    Unibrow was the serious reply. Thanks kido, make Mr. Ian87 look like a tool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

My son is pretty funny. It's like deadpan humour, he's obviously not trying.

Went to meet my boyfriend at lunchtime, sat down and my son who's 3, took a sip of his orange and said 'that was a long week'. I couldn't stop laughing.

He has cerebral palsy and wears a strap and cast on his leg. He walks with a funny limp. We were in the bank and he was going down the stairs, he turned to the people behind him and goes 'go around me, only one of my legs work' a lady asked him what happened to his other leg and he said ' I haven't learned how to use it yet, its harder than the other one'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

hfallada wrote: »
    Like 15 years ago when Ireland wasnt very multicultural, my family and I were in Dunnes. My 3/4 year brother started to freak when he seen some Arabs and shout look everyone there is Osama Bin Laden. I think they just laughed it off

Same, going back about 15 years ago, I remember calling a black person "chocolate spread face". Christ, seeing a person with different skin colour was a bit strange for me back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

my 4 year old was shocked to discover the alphabet was in alphabetical order, it was so funny till you realise its cause hes been using a qwerty keypad his whole life, and just assumed that letters were suppose to go qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Thinly veiled 'I has sex once' thread.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Thinly veiled 'I has sex once' thread.

Twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

layviae wrote: »
    my 4 year old was shocked to discover the alphabet was in alphabetical order, it was so funny till you realise its cause hes been using a qwerty keypad his whole life, and just assumed that letters were suppose to go qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

Old habits die hard I guess :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Went to meet my boyfriend at lunchtime, sat down and my son who's 3, took a sip of his orange and said 'that was a long week'. I couldn't stop laughing.

He has cerebral palsy and wears a strap and cast on his leg. He walks with a funny limp. We were in the bank and he was going down the stairs, he turned to the people behind him and goes 'go around me, only one of my legs work' a lady asked him what happened to his other leg and he said ' I haven't learned how to use it yet, its harder than the other one'

Your kids a legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

One of them made a perpetual motion machine the other day I told him that in this house we obey the laws of physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

My daughter when she was 3 (7 now) was in my parents house walked in on my dad having a shower next thing she turned around to him and said "thats small my daddys is so much bigger' he said he nearly died her dad had a good laugh about it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭mcwinning

Not my child but in Dunnes a few years back there was a heavily pregnant lady waiting at customer service when a little girl of no more than 4 stormed up to her with a look of abject disgust. She looked the lady up and down, absolutely horrified, pointed at her and screamed 'YOU HAD SEX EEEEEEEEW!'

The lady was kinda embarrassed but saw the funny side but the little girls mother was mortified and couldn't apologise enough.

I still laugh every time I see how disgusted the kid was by the lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I was in a park one time with my 4 year old daughter, and we got on the 'park train' which is actually just a bus with train decorations on it. Our conversation went something like this:

Daughter: What does that sign mean?

Me: It means that you can't eat or drink on the bus, because they want to keep it clean for everybody.

Daughter: It's a train, not a bus.

Me: Actually it's a bus. I know it looks a bit like a train, but it is running on the road, so it's really a bus.

Daughter: Bullsh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Twice

once a good while ago I think

That's brilliant . Lol He I truly a legend I totally agree.

My son has downs and goes to a special school as he has a few other things going on as well. He takes his iPad to school and I am constantly being dragged in as he is obsessed with death metal and when everyone else is doing their work my son is u tubing death metal bands lol the schools inspector visited one day and the classroom was quite with all the kids on their best behaviour . Then blasting out of no where comes death metal . My son rocking out in the corner lol

As it turns out the inspector in question was a cousin of mine so she only got outside the school and had to stop and ring me. I couldn't make out what she was saying as she was laughing so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

My niece is 6 years old. Sometimes she does the funniest things.

Advertisement