Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One week ban from Commuting & Transport

Options
  • 04-05-2013 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have been banned from the Commuting & Transport board by monument for a week for trolling.

I would appreciate it if the CMods could review monument's decision to ban me.

The thread in question is at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056939693

I have been in touch directly with monument by PM, who confirmed to me his reasons for the ban. I don't agree with his reasons for banning me and think that the whole thread was started by the OP to provoke a reaction from "railfans" as he calls those who disagree with him. Several posts in the thread were reported by me, but no action was taken by the mods to those posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'll look into this. Thanks for your patience.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

steamengine, I have deleted your post. Unless invited to do so by a CMod or an admin, do not post in this thread again. Should you fail to follow this instruction I will have no option but to ban you from this forum. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I apologise Richard I've not been feeling well, so only got half way through with this before today.

The mod warned that personal attacks would result in a ban on Page 1.

You took a personal dig at a user on Page 2. (my page numbers may be different to yours)

This resulted in a warning from Victor, here is where the complication lies. This arguably shouldn't have been a warning but a ban given the previous warning. Then monument comes in and bans you. I think one could make something of this if the ban was borderline but you took a clearly personal dig at foggy_lad after he took a dig at you for trolling.

So either both of you get banned or neither of you. I'm inclined given the clear warning by the mod beforehand that both of you get banned for a week as the fairest option, you are not absolved of responsibility because you were attacked first.

You may appeal this if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Richard Logue

No, I'll sit out the ban period now nesf.

Your fair minded approach is noted and much appreciated and I now consider the complaint resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement