Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killmallock

• 04-05-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

This is a hard one, after looking at the picture of Eamon Power , (who was cleared of sexual assault charges) on Fridays Irish Independent, I wonder to myself --- How can the people of this town make restitution to this individual?.It is disgraceful, that this man was put through the torture he has suffered for the last three years.Its totally unfair that an accused person should be named before any trial has taken place, and their lives can be destroyed by false allegations.I hope he gets the support he is due. I went for a pint to my local recently and saw that an old enamel sign "Players Wills " was missing. The owner explained that he was made remove it because he had a visit from someone from some department , who told him it was "illegal" to have this sign on display. Isnt it strange that the "Law" has nothing better to do than remove antique signs from walls in pubs , but allows an innocent mans life to be Fcuked up . Strange??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

I'm confused. Is the removal of the sign somehow related to yer man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

Any person should be innocent until proven guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it's not the law at fault, it's the people who judge before the law has run it's course.No doubt there will be a sizeable number of people of the "no smoke without fire" persuasion still

Thread already here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement