Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Sporting Memories

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Saw that myself earlier. Good read but they have down Coonagh as a venue for "the biggest Irish rugby games" when the all conquering Shannon teams actually played their games at Thomond Park. They were great days to watch club rugby though.

Some sentimental, some tongue-in-cheek, some bittersweet, some just plain painful! Nice little list all the same.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/limerick-sport-894910-May2013/

Courtesy of The Journal this evening.

See, this is why I love Limerick.

Arts, culture and beauty aside, we really do have some spectacular sporting memories. In my opinion, the people of Limerick (us) will never witness some of those moments again. Whether it was Munster fans filling O'Connell street twice for two Heineken cup finals in 06 and 08 or Limerick for the All-Ireland final back in 07 which we lost but we still supported them to the end. I'll never forget that semi final against Waterford in Croker. After all that, we even had our own Munster lads perform the haka to the All Blacks in Thomond! That never happens! Hair standing moment! The people of our beloved city are fantastic! Keep it up. :)

A proud Limerick man

Edit: The Bull is better than the Claw :P

Advertisement