Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paracord stuff

Options
  • 04-05-2013 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

made this bracelet for a friend
    trilobite with red highlight. post your cord creations.

para_zps2f3c0691.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

here's some of my bad boys

let me try this again

here's some more, I have loads more but will leave it at this if anyone wants more PM me
    Cheers Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

the GALL wrote: »
    let me try this again

What lenght cord is in them. Any tips on how to start making one.

• Advertisement

Zipper Pulls

A layard \I made up for a mate in the Scouts

Piranha, Cobra, Dragon weaves in Neon yellow and Undead.

I made these for a mate of mine who was doing a charity walk, to buy guide dogs for kids with autism. He was looking for something different, and I think I got it right. Basicaly all the black(60+ft) can be removed and still keep the integrity of the 3 pieces. I put a caraniner on one end so the lead can be clipped to his belt keeping his hands free while still using his poles. The colour choice was his own as Cara is a black and white sheprador. Anyway I like them the're a good solid piece and they will stand him well for years to come

I had about 15odd feet of ACU lying around and just thought I'd pimp my Maglite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'll often use 'glow in the dark' cord along with true paracord.

Glow in the Dark Paracord, now there's an Idea. have you any photo's?

the GALL wrote: »
    Glow in the Dark Paracord, now there's an Idea. have you any photo's?

Afraid not (excuse the pun). But it works great on key fobs.

Here's what Google image search throws up
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=glow+in+the+dark+paracord&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=um4wUqrhKK6d7gaGr4DQBQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1022&bih=286

I'll do some celtic button knots with that glow in the dark, before and after shots, I'll put them up tonight.:D

A security Pass lanyard made up for a mate of mine. I have a break away buckle attached (it's just out of the picture) just incase some nut job trys to choke the wearer.

What about this one, I've been looking for a design that holds 3 colours. I road test it over the next few days and see what people think. I think it'll do for a mate of mines yunfellas rugby team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

Have you ever used the paracord?? I see lots of people recommending paracords on survival forums but I can never think of situation where I would really need it.

I use it quite a bit I always have some on me be it in my EDC bag/ car key fob what ever. I have used it as
    shoe lace
    thread to sow combats
    tie down on car
    tie for my basher
    tooth floss
    quick fix strap repair
    I wear my county/club colours going to the match
    there's a million uses for it I think your only hampered by your imagination. I'm out again next week on a 36 hr I'll try some traps and see if they hold if anyone wants the results just ask. Have you tried to use it in your day to day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Filibuster wrote: »
    Have you ever used the paracord?? I see lots of people recommending paracords on survival forums but I can never think of situation where I would really need it.

One thing I can guarantee you is when your in a survival situation and you don't have paracord. You will soon realise that you need it for prity much everything.

it's definitely one of those 'how did I get buy without it' kinda tools and for the price of it you'd be mad not to have some of it lying around.

• Advertisement

For a mate of mine who's in the NI fire service, The Thin line solomen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

The Ultimate Survival Bracelet

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/181237466768?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Seen this on ebay last night. Has anyone tried something like this?

I was looking at them but couldn't find the button compass at the right price have you found any or do you know where to get them?
    Cheers

Cheers Gran
    For the link the ones that are mounted on watch/paracord straps are mounted so they can be threaded. I found them on EBAY but they are lookinh for £10 for 4 :eek:.
    Sure I'll keep looking

What do you guys think of this one
    The King Cobra with a D shackle in Black and Tan

tats exactly what I'm after with the compasses Cheers Man

Have you bought off that site before? Whats the crack with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

They are class Gall I was thinking of just buying one I never thought of making my own, I want to include a button compass too

Advertisement