Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paracord stuff

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

That's also true but the poster asked
    Hi there,
    gall, could you put up a link to the making of these. I'd be very interested in having one, as I have the same size torch.
    regards
    Stovepipe
    Gran Hermano, stating that this is how they are made and giving a link without asking me how I made them is...nice, Gran Hermano your method are nice but not very pro. Glass Key can you name/state the number that shows this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

the GALL wrote: »
    Gran Hermano, stating that this is how they are made and giving a link without asking me how I made them is...nice, Gran Hermano your method are nice but not very pro. Glass Key can you name/state the number that shows this.

You may note in my post I stated it was an alternative how to make guide.
    I never stated it was how you had made your exact one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Gran Hermano stated "Alternative how to guide" not this is how the GALL made his so do everyone a favor and step down off your high horse and read the comments fully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

That's also true but the poster asked
    Hi there,
    gall, could you put up a link to the making of these. I'd be very interested in having one, as I have the same size torch.
    regards
    Stovepipe

Sorry I didn't think you were just posting random thoughts and obscure references that other people might not get.

But don't worry I won't reply in any of your threads again.

Hi Guys
    and no offence taken and I'm not looking to argue about how massive my Paracord Cock is.
    I appreciate all that's being said here, I really do. Mods you know me or know what I have going on, we have talked about it in the past and I respect the rules of Boards and am conscious of not threading/ stepping over them, But you can see where I'm coming from. Again I'm not looking to argue with anybody and I hope this diffuses things on my behalf.

• Advertisement

Thanks Glass Key I appreciate your positive input

Hi Guys
    and no offence taken and I'm not looking to argue about how massive my Paracord Cock is.
    I appreciate all that's being said here, I really do. Mods you know me or know what I have going on, we have talked about it in the past and I respect the rules of Boards and am conscious of not threading/ stepping over them, But you can see where I'm coming from. Again I'm not looking to argue with anybody and I hope this diffuses things on my behalf.
    Snapping at people that are trying to give helpful advice is not on. This is a thread open to everyone to comment on its not all about you kindly remember that in future or it will come down to a private chat again

I was asked by a friend of mine to put these together he is with the Irish defence forces, the problem they have is the zipper pulls on their vest do not last he has used my design for a few months now and they have passed all field tests.

For anyone looking for different colors of paracord this place seems to have the lot (I have no connection to this company just a customer)
    http://www.elwoodbraiding.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=3

Anyone any experience with these for your paracord? http://www.survivalaids.com/comms-cordpara-cord-reel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Here's one for a friend of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Nice job

Made some bracelets for the kids over the weekend

A nice knife lanyard

Made from a little over 100' of 550 paracord in the Wexford colours, this lead is 4.5' long.

The white lead was presented to the Irish Defence Forces mascot, an Irish wolf Hound, to be worn on Parade, quite proud of that.

Here's some handles I've wrapped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭-crisp-

Some nifty looking stuff.
    Here are a few of mine

Excellent work. Tell me this, how do you get the compass to sit on the strap?

I like that switch back. have you tried and electric blue and gecko combination? It works well on the shark jaw bone

• Advertisement

Excellent work. Tell me this, how do you get the compass to sit on the strap?

I start with a couple stitches to make sure the inner strands are tight. then sit the compass in between the two.
    It's tight enough to hold it in place and the more stitches I do the tighter it get and holds it in. When I have it finished I put a tiny drop of clear glue on the back of the compass where it meets the cord.
    That way it's enough to secure it so it won't pop out from general wear and tear and motion when on the wrist but if you need to unravel it a little tug will pull the compass from the cord when undone.

A rifle sling I made for a friend in work.

10403927_1435134583433919_5179750389768370368_o.jpg
    10357748_1435134576767253_499117299340447295_o.jpg10498339_1435134573433920_4458337199953719216_o.jpg

A while ago I approached the Irish Defence Forces about supplying their mascot with a Collar and Lead. I had seen some pictures of their mascot and the leads, collars were not in my humble opinion fit for the Parade ground. They accepted my offer. Monday they sent me this picture of their mascot (left) with one of my collars and leads. The Wolf Hound on the right is the mascot of the Royal Irish (british Army Unit). This week has been a very good week for me.

Advertisement