Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog hit by car

• 04-05-2013 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    My dog a 9mth old king Charles had been hit by a car last week.
    He was recovering well no injuries really just shocked. He was walking straight after.
    He is eating as normal but several hours after eating he is sick throwing up what looks like a good bit of his food and yellow bile. He is going to loo as normal.
    His activity level is much less than before so am I over feeding him now? Or why would he be getting sick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hi
    He was recovering well no injuries really just shocked. He was walking straight after.
    He is eating as normal but several hours after eating he is sick throwing up what looks like a good bit of his food and yellow bile. He is going to loo as normal.
    His activity level is much less than before so am I over feeding him now? Or why would he be getting sick?

Well what did the vet say when you took the dog straight there after being hit by a car - normally if we go for an injury/illness as opposed to say shots we're given a timeframe - if the dog isn't showing an improvement or gets worse in X amount of days to call the vet ASAP?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Evolutionary Guy

Hi

Has he been seen by a vet? Internal trauma is likely in rta. Very important he is seen and assessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I presume he has been seen by a vet. If not take him there NOW. You cannot take any chances with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

When my dog was hit by a car I could have brought the dead back up with my screams. I was so relieved that she wasn't lcrushed & seemed to be ok that I didn't even think of bringing her to the vet. I couldnt believe she wasnt dead or infured.
    It was my neighbour that said she could have damaged her insides - in her kidneys or liver & she instructed me to take the dog to the vet immediately. Dog had a lot of external & internal bruising & swelling but no big internal damage thank God. I can still see her being spun around the wheel socket of the car.

It's best to check - have you insurance? Either way, do take your little pet to the vet. It's an obvious mistake to make when the dog seems OK & you are shocked & relieved that they're not killed.

Advertisement