Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW36 - Matchday Thread

• 04-05-2013 8:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

So much uncertainty over teams but one things for sure, alot of hopes will be dashed this week!

I ended up taking a 4 point hit in the end. Lukaku in for Lambert being my second transfer (Hill for Dawson was my first).

I still think Lambert will get something against Spurs but Lukaku is bang on form and I'm fearful of what he could do over two games - Benteke's wonder show last Monday comes to mind.

Hopefully only taking a 4 point hit will still give me an advantage. Had Turner not being missing, I wouldn't of being forced to change Hill. There's no way I could play him when he's facing Arsenal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I'm dreading Lukaku and Kone doing well, most of the people i'm competing with have 1 if not both, a couple don't have mata (unless they tansfer him in today) so hoping he has a good gw. We're effectively playing with 10 players and no captain because everyone will captain Bale. i also have no spurs defensive cover so hoping lambert or any player (preferably a dawson o.g) scores.

Got Maloney in at a 4 point hit.

wasn't sure which 2 to bring in but chose Luiz/maloney over dawson/hazard so hope that works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'm dreading Lukaku and Kone doing well, most of the people i'm competing with have 1 if not both, a couple don't have mata (unless they tansfer him in today) so hoping he has a good gw. We're effectively playing with 10 players and no captain because everyone will captain Bale. i also have no spurs defensive cover so hoping lambert or any player (preferably a dawson o.g) scores.

Got Maloney in at a 4 point hit.

wasn't sure which 2 to bring in but chose Luiz/maloney over dawson/hazard so hope that works out.

I think ya picked right of the choices you have there. Spurs haven't kept a clean sheet in nine and I would be surprised if that changes.

Alot of people had a choice or Mata or Hazard so I'm hoping Mata comes out on top of that match up. Hazard does have penos on his locker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I would like ::

5 goals from Gareth Bale today and hat-tricks from Kone, Michu and Tevez.

Please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

robles
    zab luiz demel
    walcott michu hazard mata bale
    kone tevez
    would love to give the armband to kone but Bale it is

robles
    zab luiz demel
    walcott michu hazard mata bale
    kone tevez
    would love to give the armband to kone but Bale it is

Did you need points hits to get that team?

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did you need points hits to get that team?

ye ended up taking a -4 for luiz in the end. I feel he will score once in his last 4 games so hoping its worth it. He has 3 goals in his last 5 in all comps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

It's looking like I'll have to bench RVP this week. Midfield of Bale, Maloney, Santi, Mata and Michu. Strike force of RVP, Kone and Aguero.

Who do you guys think is the most obvious choice to bench?

G1032 wrote: »
    It's looking like I'll have to bench RVP this week. Midfield of Bale, Maloney, Santi, Mata and Michu. Strike force of RVP, Kone and Aguero.

well it'd have to be either santi or RVP and although i'm fairly sure RVP will start the fact that Santi will 100% start against a side that has thrown in the towel would see me favour him.

RVP to be honest. Think you've made the right choice. If Arsenal weren't playing QPR, which could result in a goalfest, I'd say Santi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

RVP. I've a harder decision. . RVP or sturridge im going with Sturridge as he'll definitely play. I could transfer out RVP for Kone for a second 4 point hit.. can't decide

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. I just can't leave Santi on the bench for a match against QPR. I hope I don't regret this but it's unlikely any rival will captain RVP. That could help limit any possible damage he does.

amber69 wrote: »
    RVP. I've a harder decision. . RVP or sturridge im going with Sturridge as he'll definitely play. I could transfer out RVP for Kone for a second 4 point hit.. can't decide

Yep. That's a tough decision. Anything could happen in the Liverpool game but I'd say there will be goals. Probably best to go with Sturridge.

Another one......
    O'Brien or Enrique ?

Aaggghh. I think I'm now going to bench Michu and play RVP.
    My head is wrecked

Another one......
    O'Brien or Enrique ?

My head is wrecked

out of interest what transfer did u make this week. I sold rvp because I was going to bench him if Id kept him, and dont think he will start one of the remaining two games. I wouldnt bench michu toss of a coin between santi and rvp.

out of interest what transfer did u make this week. I sold rvp because I was going to bench him if Id kept him, and dont think he will start one of the remaining two games. I wouldnt bench michu toss of a coin between santi and rvp.

I sold Lambert and bought Aguero this week. General consensus seems to be to bench RVP. I suppose it's the right option, but I'm still very afraid of what he'll potentially do against Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

OK, Davies, Sagna or Enrique?

Robles
    Dawson, Verthongen, One of the above
    Mata, Hazard, Bale, Michu, Maloney
    Berba, Tevez

Sturridge on the bench with two of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Another one......
    O'Brien or Enrique ?
    That's a tough one.
    With Newcastle current form O'Brien could be a good pick.
    And the Merseyside derby well it's almost 50-50 for a Liverpool CS at home. And looking at both teams recent results there are no real trends there...
    The only thing though is Everton seems to score in their "big" games.
    My head is wrecked
    With Michu 2 games I'm not sure it's a good idea. Then of course RVP is RVP and he could do a last year revival when he scored 3 and assisted 1 I think but it's a vital game for Chelsea so hard to see an already champion United team fighting their lives for that game.

For me the dilemma is the following: Rafael out Clichy in for a 4 pts hit. Good or bad idea ?

It's not only for this DGW but City have great fixtures to end the season and Ferguson said he'll give their chances to a few youngsters. I think Rafael could well be rotated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My issue is Walcott,RVP and Hazard,now if Hazard is only going to play 1.5 games should i play him at all?Benching RVP seems mad

Neoulous wrote: »

For me the dilemma is the following: Rafael out Clichy in for a 4 pts hit. Good or bad idea ?

It's not only for this DGW but City have great fixtures to end the season and Ferguson said he'll give their chances to a few youngsters. I think Rafael could well be rotated.

I wouldn't do that. No guarantee that Clichy will start both games. Big risk for a 4 point hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

OK, Davies, Sagna or Enrique?

Robles
    Dawson, Verthongen, One of the above
    Mata, Hazard, Bale, Michu, Maloney
    Berba, Tevez

Sturridge on the bench with two of the above.

Sagna. QPR have failed to score against any of the top teams at home this year. Liverpool will probably concede. And Davies got subbed off last week. Wouldn't surprise me if Taylor takes his place to get a few games under his belt before the end of the season after coming back from injury.

• Advertisement

People that held rvp do you feel he will start against swansea next week and are you planning on captaining him.

Happy that I've no dilemmas and can't believe I'm fielding RVP and he's a huge differential.

I wouldn't do that. No guarantee that Clichy will start both games. Big risk for a 4 point hit

Thanks ;). Yeah I presume there are also better choices in the City defense but my plan was to bring Walcott for Michu next week and I'm short of 0.4 at the moment to do that. Hence this option...
    My other option is to go for Azpi but you could tell me it's a big risk too considering their run of fixtures.
    My last option is to forget about Walcott and go for David Luiz. He could be "the" differential this DGW...
    Or of course just play Rafael ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Trying to decide if Bego > Hart is worth a point hit

Thinking ahead of just this gameweek as well. Pulis has shown form for swapping keepers late in the season, I remember last season he played Sorenson ahead of Begovic in a meaningless end of season game. I have a non playing sub keeper. Stoke's last 3 fixtures dont look fantastic in terms of clean sheets also, although ironically today's fixture against a Sess-less Sunderland the most likely, and their defensive form has gone on the increase lately

Will Mancini definitely play Hart for the remaining 4 league games though? Its quite possible City could keep 4 consecutive clean sheets to finish the season

Thanks ;). Yeah I presume there are also better choices in the City defense but my plan was to bring Walcott for Michu next week and I'm short of 0.4 at the moment to do that. Hence this option...
    My other option is to go for Azpi but you could tell me it's a big risk too considering their run of fixtures.
    My last option is to forget about Walcott and go for David Luiz. He could be "the" differential this DGW...
    Or of course just play Rafael ...
    I tried to get in Luiz for Enrique last night but was 0.1 million short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Had Berbatov for ages after Xmas . Finally sold him. He went goal crazy scoring every game bar one. Signed hi backed for .3 more before his DGW. He did not score for 5 games. I was still gonna hold him for reading but assumed he was out with a torn muscle. Sold him.
    He will now score a hat trick :(

KevIRL wrote: »
    Trying to decide if Bego > Hart is worth a point hit

Thinking ahead of just this gameweek as well. Pulis has shown form for swapping keepers late in the season, I remember last season he played Sorenson ahead of Begovic in a meaningless end of season game. I have a non playing sub keeper. Stoke's last 3 fixtures dont look fantastic in terms of clean sheets also, although ironically today's fixture against a Sess-less Sunderland the most likely, and their defensive form has gone on the increase lately

Will Mancini definitely play Hart for the remaining 4 league games though? Its quite possible City could keep 4 consecutive clean sheets to finish the season

I reckon Hart will play all remaining games. You need to keep a keeper sharp and it's a low risk position for injury and expending energy. So reckon he'll play them all in light of FA cup final.

Also if you're considering a hit a dgw ain't a bad time to do it.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Happy that I've no dilemmas and can't believe I'm fielding RVP and he's a huge differential.

I can't believe I have him and am considering not playing him. I've been looking at Swansea's fixtures and form and I can't see Michu doing much tbh. I'll probably end up benching him and playing RVP. Comes down to my money leagues now. I've won one of them and am 30 points ahead in the other. Second place in that doesn't have Michu but does have RVP. I'll have to play RVP I think.

People that held rvp do you feel he will start against swansea next week and are you planning on captaining him.

i think he will but i won't be captaining him, walcott is most likely to get that.

I thought all along that the west brom game is the most liekly to miss, in thinking that he'd put out really strong sides against arsenal and chelsea and then a realatively strong side for the title celebrations against swansea, will he reward the players that won the title by starting them or giving players like hernandez who contributed a lot to it the chance to start.

I'd be about 85/90% sure RVP will start tomorrow, i'd change that to about 60/65% for swansea.

I'm unsure if i'll sell him before them, i might keep him because if he does start he could clean up and even if he came on for the last 20/30 minutes he could still get quite a return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Took an 8 point hit already (injuries and suspensions all over team) and am considering selling lambert for kone or fellaini for rosicky. Worrying about a big arsenal win today and my main rival has santi.
    What does anyone think?

carrig2 wrote: »
    Took an 8 point hit already (injuries and suspensions all over team) and am considering selling lambert for kone or fellaini for rosicky. Worrying about a big arsenal win today and my main rival has santi.
    What does anyone think?
    I'd log out now till 1131 :D

What does anyone think?

Rosicky ? He hasn't played much this year. I'd definitely not do this one. He won't necessarily cover for Santo too.
    The Lambert to Kone one is debatable though. Depends what your rivals have upfront. Could be a differential for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lads, do we all agree that Robles is a better option than DDG ?

km79 wrote: »

Ha ha, probably the best advice of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm top of me mates money league by 30pts & all the top 5 below me have Bale who i'd imagine they will Captain...so even with Silva, Aguero & Lukaku going to play it safe Captain Bale myself.

My 8 DGW players;

Robles, Davies, Kompany, Silva, Bale, Maloney, Lukaku & Aguero. With a minus 4pt hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Is it crazy not having city cover? I have Rvp that I could ship out to give me money to change things but I really can't decide if its worth getting rid!

Rosicky ? He hasn't played much this year. I'd definitely not do this one. He won't necessarily cover for Santo too.
    The Lambert to Kone one is debatable though. Depends what your rivals have upfront. Could be a differential for you...

main rival tevez and sturridge, also mata, hazard, fellaini and santi

And you?

El festino wrote: »
    Is it crazy not having city cover? I have Rvp that I could ship out to give me money to change things but I really can't decide if its worth getting rid!

Well the potential is there to miss out on some big points given their fixtures. If you wanna extract crazy from that go for it.

And you?

Mata bale michu fellaini maloney
    Lukaku lambert

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think I'll just bank the transfer. Everyone around me taking a minimum of 4 point hits and I'll still have 2-3 dgw players more and a double free transfer next week.

Need Chelsea defenders to not go goal crazy. I fear Luiz.

And you?
    Mata bale michu fellaini maloney
    Lukaku lambert

Well with Bale you have a HUGE advantage over him. Hazard will probably be rested at least for today's game after his knock in EL.
    Not sure you need to gamble on an extra hit for Koné then.

Well with Bale you have a HUGE advantage over him. Hazard will probably be rested at least for today's game after his knock in EL.
    Not sure you need to gamble on an extra hit for Koné then.

Double down on Bale and make him captain.

Urgh. Decided to disregard my own advice. Brought in Luiz. 11 dgw players.

Lol. Watch it fail miserably.

Can't believe I benched RVP. Well it's fine new anyway. Michu to draw two blanks and RVP will fire a hat-trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

RVP is a differential this week.

and quite significantly looking at my leagues.

afraid of Luiz, as well as Aguero & Tevez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Ended up benching Walcott this week, I really hope I don't regret it.

Team:
    Roubles
    Sagna Zab Luiz
    Maloney Mata Bale(C) Michu
    Aguero Defoe Benteke

Players I fear this week ......Mata Hazard Aguero Tevez !

irish son wrote: »
    Ended up benching Walcott this week, I really hope I don't regret it.

Team:
    Roubles
    Sagna Zab Luiz
    Maloney Mata Bale(C) Michu
    Aguero Defoe Benteke

One player I wouldn't of benched. I would have played Walcott over Benteke, or even Maloney or Michu.

Could work out for you but Arsenal are a side who can rout teams (ask Newcastle or West Ham) and them against QPR has the potential to be a goalfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

km79 wrote: »

And 13 minutes later, its still being updated.

:D

7 dgw players for me. 8 if Al-Habsi plays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement