Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

this from the official PL twitter.

Premier League‏@premierleague4m
    Chelsea's goal has gone down as a Phil Jones own goal as it took a vital deflection off him - with Juan Mata getting the assist #MUNCHE

C*nts!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mata assist would be a bit easier to take!

go on FPL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

Hogey007 wrote: »
    this from the official PL twitter.

Premier League‏@premierleague4m
    Chelsea's goal has gone down as a Phil Jones own goal as it took a vital deflection off him - with Juan Mata getting the assist #MUNCHE

C*nts!!!
    How do they know it was a "vital" deflection though? Most goals like that start off off-target but curl in. I can't understand how they can be 100% sure it was going wide.

W*nkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Mata gets the 3 BPs then I won't complain too much, especially after Bale last week.......However if not then we'll have another lobby on our hands!

#JusticeForMata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

nonsense that fpl have that down as an assist. will be changed to his goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

someone should have told the postman the bank holiday isnt till tomorrow.

If Mata gets the 3 BPs then I won't complain too much, especially after Bale last week.......However if not then we'll have another lobby on our hands!

#JusticeForMata

i was just thinking that, 2 points isn't too bad, but the only goal in a 1-0 would have got him all 3 bp's, if he only gets 1,2 or even 0 then taking that goal off him will be especially annoying.
    Even before the goal/assist i thought he had a good chance of the 3 bp's, but then again i would have said the same about maloney yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

someone should have told the postman the bank holiday isnt till tomorrow.

Slow down there, I'm pretty sure I have the copyright for that gag, :pac:
    Rubbish again today, barring the second goal against Villa he hasn't looked like a 14m fpl player for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Here's the goal. Jones deflection seems very very slight doesn't it ?!

Slow down there, I'm pretty sure I have the copyright for that gag, :pac:
    Rubbish again today, barring the second goal against Villa he hasn't looked like a 14m fpl player for a long time.

I knew youd like that one I was even going to say this one is for Swiper:pac:

• Advertisement

ok having seen it again a couple of times it was only a slight deflection, paddy power has paid out on mata as the goalscorer and if they're willing to pay out when they stand to loose a lot of money from it I don't see why FPL was so quick to take the goal off mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Mata may not even get the 3 points. He had 2 or 3 shots off target. Think the goal he scored will go down as a shot off target too. I'm a Mata owner and it did look to be going slightly wide. But with the spin it's hard to tell. I've seen dozens of similar goals that never went down as OG's. Loads brought in Oscar too. So him not getting the assist could benefit overall rankings.

does anyone have the bonus point predictions for today's game? if mata gets the 3 or even 2 i won't mind that not being counted as his goal as much.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    ok having seen it again a couple of times it was only a slight deflection, paddy power has paid out on mata as the goalscorer and if they're willing to pay out when they stand to loose a lot of money from it I don't see why FPL was so quick to take the goal off mata.

Good stuff, I feel like a barrister just compiling evidence for a case.

MATAGETTY_2252448b.jpg

I mean what judge could say no that face? :pac:

Mr.Prodston goes off to ask himself a few important questions :eek:

it was going wide, just, but I've seen them given to the player. so it is harsh.

technically, FPL are correct though IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Similar to RVP vs sunderland ? Not as obvious but was going wide .
    I don't actually believe myself but I don't have mata so I want it to be true :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I used all my "give a ****s" on Bale last week.

Edit: Actually doesn't matter. If they say its an assists that's fine. Too tired to argue.

Good stuff, I feel like a barrister just compiling evidence for a case.

MATAGETTY_2252448b.jpg

I mean what judge could say no that face? :pac:

Mr.Prodston goes off to ask himself a few important questions :eek:

Especially when the offender has this face:

JOnes.jpg

They'd be simply intimidated by this madman who clearly wouldn't be happy to score an O.G.

I think this case solves itself really, forget the facts :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

This Hazard injury has f**ked me if he doesn't play against Spurs, got my sub order wrong again and have Benteke (1) ahead of Sagna (6).

Expect Mata, Bale and Walcott to get 3 BP's pushing me to 72 with 7 to play, assuming Hazard and Michu both don't feature again. Clean sheets in the Spurs and City matches should get me close to 100.

roryc wrote: »
    This Hazard injury has f**ked me if he doesn't play against Spurs, got my sub order wrong again and have Benteke (1) ahead of Sagna (6).

snap with hazard Ive anichebe ahead of carragher. Hopefully he plays wed dont think lamps will so he will be on pens.

• Advertisement

that chelsea win may alter mancinis thinking regarding rotation over the remaining few games 2nd is not guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I used all my "give a ****s" on Bale last week.

Edit: Actually doesn't matter. If they say its an assists that's fine. Too tired to argue.

But we are counting on YOU.

Any news on his injury? Can't see him being risked when they have pretty much sewn up a CL spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Bonus are out ! None for Mata :eek: ! Please FutureGuy do something :D !

Rafael has ruined my transfer plans :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

0 for Mata and Dawson :-(

2 for Zabaleta was a nice surprise though

3 for Walcott and Bale also

How Mata hasn't got any... hopefully the goal gets given to him and he'll pick up a few.

Managed to get a few for my defenders anyway so not all bad, 74 points (-8).

roryc wrote: »
    How Mata hasn't got any... hopefully the goal gets given to him and he'll pick up a few.

Managed to get a few for my defenders anyway so not all bad, 74 points (-8).

Is it even under review ? I hope not ;)

Mata won't be given that IMO.

anyway...73 (-4). captain Bale, Theo and then Vertonghen with a surprise bonus point.

will be hoping for quiet days for Mata and City's forwards midweek, but a decent week so far.

happy out.

• Advertisement

Gotta laugh at those who thought defenders wouldn't score well this week!

Advertisement