Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

59 (-4) from 10 players so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

roryc wrote: »
    Gotta laugh at those who thought defenders wouldn't score well this week!

yeah, my Vertonghen transfer was last minute at a 4 point hit.

delighted with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

0 for Mata and Dawson :-(

2 for Zabaleta was a nice surprise though

3 for Walcott and Bale also

1 for Vertonghen
    3 for Kone
    So 12 bonus on team this week including all of above brings score to 71. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

74-4 with 6 to play. Delighted with that as it puts me back on top in my friends league. Still a little gutted at Mata's goal not been giving. Probably a 5 point swing there as he would have probably got all 3 bps too.

Of that 74 my 3 strikers (Lukaku, Tevez, Bentekkers) contributed a grand total of 4 points. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

that chelsea win may alter mancinis thinking regarding rotation over the remaining few games 2nd is not guaranteed.

I doubt it will. They are 4 points ahead with three games left.

I can see the back four being changed around anyway. They have ample back up in the likes of Richards, Maicon, Lescott, Toure and Kolarov.

Aguero needs gametime so he may play again IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I doubt it will. They are 4 points ahead with three games left.

I can see the back four being changed around anyway. They have ample back up in the likes of Richards, Maicon, Lescott, Toure and Kolarov.

Aguero needs gametime so he may play again IMO.

Im more thinking of the reading game if they didnt win against wba and chelsea beat spurs 2 pt gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

67(-4) with 5 to play again.

I need 32 points to get to 2000 points for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

iroced wrote: »
    Bonus are out ! None for Mata :eek: ! Please FutureGuy do something :D !

Aww hell nawww, we did it with Bale last week, this is possibly a greater travesty. Time to get our lobby on!

#JusticeForMata

Im more thinking of the reading game if they didnt win against wba and chelsea beat spurs 2 pt gap.

Will worry about that next GW! He has other players like Rodwell, Garcia and Sinclair need gametime so I'd imagine he'll try give them a start.

I definitely think players like Zabaleta who have missed very few games will be rested Tuesday night ahead of the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

68 (-4)
    great week for my defenders hart zab azpi sagna
    worst for strikers tev sturr berba

• Advertisement

Aww hell nawww, we did it with Bale last week, this is possibly a greater travesty. Time to get our lobby on!

#JusticeForMata

You need to lobby the Premier League this time. They made the decision. Not the Fantasy site.

Lemlin wrote: »
    You need to lobby the Premier League this time. They made the decision. Not the Fantasy site.

Well I just sent this to the fantasy site anyway.
    Hi,
    I'm curious to know why Juan Mata was only credited with an assist in the Man Utd-Chelsea game today? Mata takes the shot and the shot has the trajectory of nestling into the corner. Jones did get a very slight touch however as the ball would have gone in anyway I don't understand why he wouldn't receive the credit for the goal. This in turn affected his ability to receive the maximum bonus point award. As it stands he has no bonus despite scoring the winning goal. I would appreciate if the matter could be looked into and adjusted accordingly.
    I will look forward to the verdict and justice that Mata deserves.
    Thank you
    Mr.Prodston

Premier League it is next so! I thought the photo of Mata might be a bit over the top just yet but can be used as my trump card :pac:

#JusticeForMata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

joe.ie posted this pic of Luiz after the rafael foul on their facebook page, sneaky little smile on him!

936926_581044098596707_818758249_n.jpg

that 5 point swing by them not giving mata the goal is very annoying, a 2 point hit i could of accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hogey007 wrote: »
    that 5 point swing by them not giving mata the goal is very annoying, a 2 point hit i could of accepted.

The Mata shot was heading wide until it hit Jones,had it been on target then hit Jones it'd probably be given to Mata instead of counted as an OG.

Anyhow,up to 72 points now after the bp's,up to the midweek games to try & hit the magic 100 point mark.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I used all my "give a ****s" on Bale last week.

Edit: Actually doesn't matter. If they say its an assists that's fine. Too tired to argue.

:eek: Say it ain't so? I thought you were our Dark Knight! (Although since he kept Joffrey alive in the first one I have been questioning his motives)

*Up steps the young pretender to FutureGuy's mantle*

We Will have our justice if we just believe...or not, whatever really! I do have 84 points with Hart, Tevez, Lukaku, Dawson, Bale, Maloney, Kone and Mata to go again :pac:

zerks wrote: »
    The Mata shot was heading wide until it hit Jones,had it been on target then hit Jones it'd probably be given to Mata instead of counted as an OG.

Anyhow,up to 72 points now after the bp's,up to the midweek games to try & hit the magic 100 point mark.

technically that's correct but the deflection was so slight there was room to give it to him, as for example paddy power have done. it wasn't a looping deflection that completely altered the flight of the ball. i've seen similar incidents (just don't ask for an example off the top of my head) where FPL has given the goal rather than an assist and own goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

FutureGuy, I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

3 bps for reina wtf cant remember him making a save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I e-mailed them telling them about Per Mertesackers goal against Spurs earlier on in the season which took a huge deflection off Gareth Bale yet the goal was given to Mertesacker.

So if there using that logic then Mata should be given the goal and some bonus points.

Justice for Mata!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

How does Reina get 3 bonus while only making 2 saves, I didn't see the game so not sure what else he did, seems strange when points are usually given solely for fpl reasons rather than actually playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

unkymo wrote: »
    I e-mailed them telling them about Per Mertesackers goal against Spurs earlier on in the season which took a huge deflection off Gareth Bale yet the goal was given to Mertesacker.

So if there using that logic then Mata should be given the goal and some bonus points.

Justice for Mata!

The ****ers would probably just minus the points they gave to Mertesacker :(

How does Reina get 3 bonus while only making 2 saves, I didn't see the game so not sure what else he did, seems strange when points are usually given solely for fpl reasons rather than actually playing well.

must be giving out bp's for clearing the ball into the crowd when trying to pick out your full back 20 yards away. or one of the two saves he had to make where he flapped the ball onto the post.

i know it's been said a million times and we've all benefited from it aswell as lost points to it but the bp system this year is a joke, Reina gets 3 for absolutely nothing while Maloney turns the game for his team but gets nothing because he was more invloved in the game, ie a couple of missed shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hazard expected to play against Spurs according to Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Great news if he plays. 3-2 to Spurs with Hazard banging in a brace, followed by Vertonghen returning the favour with two for himself, and then assisting Bale for the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Any guesses on whether Bale will play again on Wednesday? I stupidly decided to make Yaya Toure my captain instead of him and now I'm praying he doesn't get the double game...

Any guesses on whether Bale will play again on Wednesday? I stupidly decided to make Yaya Toure my captain instead of him and now I'm praying he doesn't get the double game...

unless he gets hit by a bus between now and then he'll be playing.

and even if he gets hit by the bus i could see them coming up with some type of father ted job where they played the dead priest to get bale on the pitch.

162016_122108991159797_7944302_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

But you have him anyway so why would you not want him to play ? Toure unlikely to play as well so you would have 2 non players for their 2nd round of a DgW ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I toyed with the idea of making someone other than Bale captain but it was just too risky in the end. Only bad points from this week are Hazard and Michu.

I made a balls of my Lukaku/Kone choice. All last week I had planned on Kone then Lukaku's 15 pointer changed my mind :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

km79 wrote: »
    But you have him anyway so why would you not want him to play ? Toure unlikely to play as well so you would have 2 non players for their 2nd round of a DgW ?

Well, everyone in my league has Bale as captain except me (I was trying to get a differential!). If neither of them play then everyone loses- If only Bale plays I lose to f*ck!!

Yes, in general it's better to get more points but we have pints resting on who wins our league!!!

Advertisement