Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wilson went off at half-time so no clean-sheet for him

Ughh. Seems to be perennially injured of late. Had him penned in to start for my gw 27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

Sunderland a dire, they wouldn't score in a brothal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Come on Sunderland, 1-1 would be perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

Aboy Sheasy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

John O'Shea what a hero......not that it means anything to ff for me but still 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »
    Come on Sunderland, 1-1 would be perfect.

Right on cue

manual_man wrote: »
    Ughh. Seems to be perennially injured of late. Had him penned in to start for my gw 27

Yeah I have him too! Between himself and Mickey T being injured the last few weeks I've had no wiggle room in defence.

manual_man wrote: »
    Right on cue

It would appear that the man upstairs is listening to me for one week only...

City 2-0 (Tevez, Zab) and Chelsea 2-2 (Hazard x2, Vertonghen, Bale) please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have Walters and o shea. This week keeps getting better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

John O'Shea what a hero......not that it means anything to ff for me but still 1-1

Best news I've heard all day. my main rival has Begovic and Shawcross and I have O Shea, thats a 14 point swing before Bonus Points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yawn. Bring on tomorrow evening and a game people give a stuff about.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yawn. Bring on tomorrow evening and a game people give a stuff about.

C'mon the mighty Wigan.....Tevez could do with a goal too. I've accepted that Lukaku was the impulse buy I hoped he wouldn't be so Hart can have his clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It would appear that the man upstairs is listening to me for one week only...

City 2-0 (Tevez, Zab) and Chelsea 2-2 (Hazard x2, Vertonghen, Bale) please

Those of us with chelsea midfielders could do with hazard, mata scoring in a 3 2 win for spurs. That way chelsea will have to roll out the big guns against villa on saturday. A chelsea win and CL is more or less secured which will result in a reserve squad being sent out saturday to rest lads for the europa league final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Those of us with chelsea midfielders could do with hazard, mata scoring in a 3 2 win for spurs. That way chelsea will have to roll out the big guns against villa on saturday. A chelsea win and CL is more or less secured which will result in a reserve squad being sent out saturday to rest lads for the europa league final.

1-1 would suit me. Bale corner headed home by Dawson. Mata with a deflected og off Vertonghen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Nice 3 bonus points for O'Shea too, delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

beaver111 wrote: »
    88 points with ten players to go:D

Brag, brag, brag....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Have Walters and o shea. This week keeps getting better :D

Eh I hate you

Massive game tonight - I have Hart, Zab and Tevez, but I'm not confident all three will start. Tevez should start but could easily be rested again, as could Zab. A City win to nil with Tevez involved in any goals would be perfect. Lukaku was a bad transfer, should have gone with my gut and stuck with Kone. A WB goal would be too costly tonight, even if its from Lukaku.

As for Wigan v Swansea, like last night I guess another 1-1 would be best, with Kone not being involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Had I not have mistakenly benched Davies I'd have been in the top 1000 now instead I am 1172 .

So annoying .

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Tevez should start but could easily be rested again, as could Zab.

Yeah could really do with Tevez starting and delivering some points tonight.

I was really singing his praises as the best transfer for Suarez, but he has not delivered yet, with the return of Aguero diminishing his potential (West Ham), and of course Mancini (Swansea).

I am again experiencing one of the more unpleasant aspects of FF, waiting for the Man City teamsheet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I had a choice between Davies Sagna and Enrique, I went with Sagna as I couldn't see Davies getting more than 3 points in the two games, would do the same every single time in the circumstances, at least Sagna got 6 points, I'd be annoyed if I had a 1 pointer in there. You win some, you lose some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

moreau wrote: »
    Yeah could really do with Tevez starting and delivering some points tonight.

I was really singing his praises as the best transfer for Suarez, but he has not delivered yet, with the return of Aguero diminishing his potential (West Ham), and of course Mancini (Swansea).

I am again experiencing one of the more unpleasant aspects of FF, waiting for the Man City teamsheet!

i would expect Tevez to start tonight, hopefully he'll be happy to give Aguero 25 minutes or so to give him gametime before the final but won't feel the need to start him, or if he does, maybe play the two of them together? Like Rory, I have Hart, Zab And Tevez and would love all 3 to start but realistically i can't see it, i'd settle for Tevez and hart, Zab already got 8 points this week and even if he came on as a sub for another 1 it'd be something, I'd sort of suspect Richards will get a run out tonight and keep Zab fresh for the final.
    A starting Tevez could easily bag 10+ and make up vital ground for me.

This Man City teamsheet could make or break my season.

I went with Benteke over Sagna as first sub based on his ability to score 6+ points in a game. I'm hoping Hazard starts tomorrow so I can at least get more than the 1 point Tekkers got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I had a choice between Davies Sagna and Enrique, I went with Sagna as I couldn't see Davies getting more than 3 points in the two games, would do the same every single time in the circumstances, at least Sagna got 6 points, I'd be annoyed if I had a 1 pointer in there. You win some, you lose some.

You made the right decision but got a little bit unlucky. Davies may very well not start tonight as Taylor is back and will surely be looking to get a few minutes. QPR is now comfortably the easiest fixture in the league, and Arsenal are the form team.

I would expect Wigan to get a goal or 2 tonight anyway and like carlop said Neil Taylor is slowly being worked back into the side. So it was the right decision to play Sagna even if you now miss out on maybe 1 extra point. Wilson and Turner's injury woes had solved any conundrum as I was stuck with Dawson, Baines and Enrique. As it stands it worked out well especially with Wilson going off after 45 yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I have Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Robles, Maloney, Lukaku & Davies tonight....should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Hazard is back in the Chelsea squad for tomorrow. Have Bale and Vertonghen there too.

Tonight I have Zab, Tevez.....Davies. Pity about Michu. Dont think Zab will start either. Tevez better do something, he's been a bust for me so far and I wouldnt have got him at the time if I knew Aguero would be back in as quick as he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just Hart, Maloney and Davies tonight.

i expect nothing from Davies, but the other 2 need to do something for me I reckon, just to keep the steady momentum of the GW going for me.

if they don't, i'll be trusting an awful lot to Bale, and particularly Vertonghen tomorrow. i don't want to be doing that when a clean sheet is highly unlikely.

i fear Tevez and Kone tonight.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Hazard is back in the Chelsea squad for tomorrow.

Fantastic, just saw this on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I have Tevez, Aguero, Clichy and Maloney tonight.

Like a lot of people, not confident of how many of my City contingent will start!

Advertisement