Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well a disappointing end to the DGW for sure, but 93 points (4 point hit) and only one DGW player scoring less than 6 (Michu). Really cannot complain with that sort of return.

Onwards to the last 2 weeks of the season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

you know what:
    Bale is my captain , but fcuk him, 'cause I am Arsenal fan. I am happy with result.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

Well that was a huge let down.

86(-4) for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    A draw is still enough for Chelsea for CL isn't it?

They are 4 ahead of Arsenal and 6 ahead of Spurs with a goal difference of +18 over Spurs.

They are just 3 ahead of Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Best chance all season to finish above 100, I was massively odds on pre match and manage to not even come close. On top of going out of the cup on a draw... I can see myself finishing this season in 10,001st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

78 (-4) for the week. Happy with that. I think those with alot of Chelsea and City players are in trouble.

I can't see DGW favourites like Mata, Hazard and Zabaleta featuring in GW37. Plus Michu is gone now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    They are just 3 ahead of Spurs.

Yep, noticed that now. The BBC table was incorrect. Don't think it had updated that Spurs got an equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

The beauty of this game IS: you never know who is in trouble who is not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

roryc wrote: »
    Best chance all season to finish above 100, I was massively odds on pre match and manage to not even come close. On top of going out of the cup on a draw... I can see myself finishing this season in 10,001st

same here, was on 93 with 3 still to play incl a captain, ended up just picking up 5 from them (Bale, Mata, Luiz) that bale booking meant I didn't make the 100, won't get any bp's from those 3.

Still a good week though and no-one near me would have done well tonight, with no spurs defensive cover i needed them to concede and they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

The second half of that DGW was such a let down. I'm just thankful it was a let down for everyone, and not just me.

I had 9 DGWers. For their first game, they all played and scored a respectable:
    7, 5, 6, 6, 11(x2), 7, 3, 1, 2.

For their second game, only 6 played, and they returned a disasterous:
    0, 1, 1, 2, 1(x2), 2, 0, 5, 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

You would have got great odds on Chelsea and Spurs both scoring 2 in an important game, without a goal or assist from either Bale or Mata!

I was on 73 with 7 DGW players to play again. Those 7 players returned 13 points...

Fcukin Mancini, I had Clichy, Silva and Aguero...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Twitter tells me that Rooney will hand in a transfer request and will join Mourinho's Chelsea, it's the Mail that be talking about this apparently though.

Even so Mr.Prodston just doesn't know what to believe anymore :eek:

Another not strictly FSA post but this tweet cheered me right up :pac:

Just some random chap, Alwyn Payne:
    You know our Ronaldo to United headline? Delete it." "We can't. It's gone to print. You can't delete paper." "I SAID DELETE IT"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Didn't break the 100 due to my star players doing feck all tonight & getting me 5 points between them.

3 BP's for Adebayor and Oscar. Glad I didn't pick Defoe now. Oh and 1 for Sigurdsson.

109 for the week and down to 177th for the week. Up to 76,000 now having been at 160,000 in GW 32 at the end of my 2 months away. My goal was to get to 70,000ish after that so I'm quite happy all things considered. I've taken 10 point hits between GW 32 and 36 too :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

93(-4). Very happy with that. Takes me up into the 230s in the overall rankings. Never been as high as this before. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

E68B9A00-8872-4B9D-8DC0-BBEB304243E0-547-0000003BA9DFAA25_zps91468b91.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone scoring 90+ had a good week. I was under 80 with a 4pt hit and still had all green arrows.

36 points now needed to beat my best score from last year. Should be easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yup, Chelsea and City were very much a poisoned chalice unless you;

1) didn't take a points hit; and
    2) had Joe Hart

ended the GW just outside the top 400. grand job really.

8-10 wrote: »
    Anyone scoring 90+ had a good week. I was under 80 with a 4pt hit and still had all green arrows.

36 points now needed to beat my best score from last year. Should be easy

Previous year's score is arbitrary though, all about position.

Last night's disaster meant I only gained a single point on the pack, so still 5 points off top 10k with two weeks left. Michu is out, and the other four of these could realistically be rested next week, or come on for a cameo one pointer.

Michu (OUT)
    Zabaleta
    Tevez
    Mata
    Hazard

Will probably have to look at another 4 point hit to bring in players guaranteed to play the next 180 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    On 97 now after last night, with Bale (c), Vertoghen, Lennon & Mata to go tonight.

Currently sitting top of The Panel league for May, which was my target when I took multiple hits in GW35 (which dropped me from 5,000 odd to 16,000 odd before this GW). Back up to 8,237 currently.

Finished up on 103. 836th for the GW and now 8,058 overall. Top of The Panel for May, but 4 others within 10 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

The standard in the Boards Fsa league is brilliant . Green arrows everywhere apart from there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

FutureGuy wrote: »
    E68B9A00-8872-4B9D-8DC0-BBEB304243E0-547-0000003BA9DFAA25_zps91468b91.jpg

BUT!!!!!! Well done on the advice you gave me. Would have been a disaster week for me but for your suggestions. 92 points (-8 but could live with that). The brother got 56 so I am still in front. A tevez captain choice for him proved costly.

Did anyone notice anything different about the treatment of points hits this week? It appears that they have been deducted from the total points, but not from the weekly (and therefore monthly) points.

Only reason I have noticed this is as I said, I took all my points hits in DW35 to set myself up for a big month of May. Looks like I could of waited a week!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 leagues sewn up and 3 more should be unless I have a complete disaster in the last 2 weeks.
    Not a red arrow in sight today so happy with that even if I didn't break my 100 point target this GW.

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice anything different about the treatment of points hits this week? It appears that they have been deducted from the total points, but not from the weekly (and therefore monthly) points.

Only reason I have noticed this is as I said, I took all my points hits in DW35 to set myself up for a big month of May. Looks like I could of waited a week!?!

Ok worked this out - didn't even know that!!

"Any transfer point deductions in the Gameweek before a phase starts won't be deducted from the phase score. For example, any transfers made in Gameweek 3 (preparing for Gameweek 4) won't be deducted from your September score."

Previous year's score is arbitrary though, all about position.

Not all about position. I'd like to set a new bar for myself. Plus, higher points = higher position.

If I do beat last year's score I reckon I have a good chance of finishing higher too, last year was my best position and best score. It's been my target all season to better it.

At this stage though that's my target, 36 more points. Doesn't mean I'll stop trying in the last week if I get it next week.

Plus, higher points = higher position.

It doesn't, this is what I meant by arbitrary. Points season on season have no correlation. For example, in 07/08 I finished on 1967 points and finished 230,000th (back when I was even worse at the game than I am now!). The following season I ended up with 7 points less, but finished almost 200,000 places higher.

Beating your previous year's points is a pointless target tbh, you could beat them and still have a much, much worse season if the average points total is considerably higher. Although you are in luck as last season looks to be only slightly behind this one.

It doesn't, this is what I meant by arbitrary. Points season on season have no correlation. For example, in 07/08 I finished on 1967 points and finished 230,000th (back when I was even worse at the game than I am now!). The following season I ended up with 7 points less, but finished almost 200,000 places higher.

Beating your previous year's points is a pointless target tbh, you could beat them and still have a much, much worse season if the average points total is considerably higher. Although you are in luck as last season looks to be only slightly behind this one.

I didn't mean season-on-season. I mean this year. The more points I get the higher I climb. However during the season it's easier to have a weekly target of points rather than a weekly target of positions.

For example, if last season I got 50 points per week on average, then this year my target is 51 per week on average in order to beat my score. Later in the season if there's a big discrepancy on points scored from the previous year then you can begin targetting the position but the way i operate I find it easier to have a weekly points target.

At the end of the day there's going to be THOUSANDS of people better than me so I'm not competing with them. I'm competing in my money league (which I'm winning), my work league (which I'm winning) and myself (on track for highest ever score).

If I win both leagues with my highest ever score I don't give a crap if 10,000 or 100,000 randomers are ahead of me, those were and are my targets.

Might not be your thing, but that's how I operate, make sense?

• Advertisement

Might not be your thing, but that's how I operate, make sense?

Nope! I'm not saying trying to beat your own personal score is not a good way to go, what I'm saying is having a weekly target based on last season does not and cannot make sense. The average daily, weekly, monthly, yearly scores year on year are not comparible due to season variables. The season's when Ronaldo/Henry were in the game totally skewed the figures, as it was a LOT easier to make 50 in a week.

So comparing your scores to previous seasons (either total score or weekly total) is not a way to gauge whether you are improving or not. You could play better but score lower, or vice versa.

Weekly position in the overall table is the one and only way to gauge performance, and even this is very slightly skewed as the numbers of people playing the game increases every year and the standard improves. This is why my personal target from last season has been to finish in the top 10k each year. Winning x league or scoring x points per week is a totally arbitrary target to aim for and won't tell me anything about my performance.

Advertisement