Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fired, but not given all evidence

• 04-05-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was fired from my long time job in a large private retail chain earlier this year. The basis for this unpleasant event was a trivial matter but escalated to an enormous degree as a result of managerial dislike and hostility.
    In the absolute certain knowledge of my innocence I requested in writing (citing the data protection act) supply to me of all items pertaining towards my dismissal, that was more than 60 days ago.
    Those items requested by me would include witness statements, managerial minutes, CCTV footage etc.
    I have been to-date supplied with only those items that the company saw fit for me to have, no CCTV footage at all for example. Needless to say I strongly suspect that the evidence used against me by the company, and not supplied is of the concocted and false variety.
    At this point I have been through the entire company disciplinary process, but without out a full deck of cards in my hand I haven't been able to mount an adequate or comprehensive defence.
    In that I am innocent of any wrong doing, my next step is a choice between the rights commissioner, the labour court or perhaps even a court of law. I need to firstly clear my good name, hopefully have those that framed me punished and not being in the first flush of youth compensation in regards to current and likely future loss of livelihood.

First question is, in that I was refused access to all evidence that was mine by right to have within 40 days, can the company still produce said non disclosed evidence at an independent tribunal or court.
    Secondly despite my advanced years I am new to all this, which is the best, most impartial and just avenue to follow now.

Any good advice is most welcome

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Sorry cant give advice on this forum against the rules. You need to speak to a solicitor as soon as possible. In reality you should have engaged one before it got this far, but it's not to late.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement