Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar shop in Bagenalstown

Options
  • 04-05-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Someone told me that the old spar shop is going to be made into a coffee shop....does anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

aint got a clue. saw some workers in there a good while ago. Silly location if it is.

plus too much competition

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Is one of the owners/ ex owners of the estoria involved in this ????????

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

its opening soon in Jan 2014 !

that's 4 chippers, 2 Chinese, 1 Indian !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I heard it is going to be a deli.

There's no indian in bagenalstown anymore.

• Advertisement

18 months working on this. There must bee significant investment going into this. Plus another fast food joint is the last place the town needs particularly a chipper

what? is the Indian closed? I ate it in 4/5 times. but a dose after the last meal 2 years ago. And that was that!

Yeah, another chipper! are they Insane??

more fat kids eating lunch there for lunch?

m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Welcome to Bagenalstown, the chipper capital of the South East. Quick, get Failte Ireland on to it. :D

But it is a bit mental !

2 Chinese, 4 Chippers !! Population of what? 2600 Urban. 660 Rural.

Compare that to other small towns.

Let the truth be know, higher unemployment = more fast food outlets.

I'd have a chipper dinner about once every 2/3 months. Shur its lovely, but full of grease and fat !

Just hope the kids from De La Salle and surrounding areas get a decent roll/ sambo rather than that stuff. Connollys is flying at moment, did you notice super valu have new sign up, for lunches directed at the young people now! Check it out, outside the Super Valu.

Again biggest problem? Parking. Doyles shop in Royal Oak , is FLYING! You cant get in from 7-8 am or 11:30-1:30, its packed. They got parking !

Mark.

And heard the indian is opening up again!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Coronary Care Unit at St Luke's is going to be pretty busy in a few years time. :(

Mario's and the one beside the library(forget the name) don't open until 5pm. Roosters seem to never close but most of the kids from the tech and De La Salle go to Coco's deli. There used to be 3 chippers in the town back in the day when i was in school but we weren't allowed up town at lunch time so it never made a difference to us.

I'd be shocked if this new one opens before 5pm. I assume its the same Rico's from Leighlin that have built this one. They are advertising it as a restaurant as well as a chipper, although i imagine it will be the same menu in both.

Its not unusual to have that many chippers in a small town. Ballon has one and a chinese, Bunclody has three and a chinese takeaway, Tullow has a few of each, Baltinglass has always had 3 or 4 chippers, Borris has 2 also. Its always been a licence to print money.

Ricos .(the new chipper) ..spelt right?

Is flying in town. When is the sit down area being opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

I'm not impressed by the new one, it looks nice, but the grub is below average. I suppose it saves the people driving from eastwood +conway/cummins park an extra 30 seconds in their car on a quest for junk food. Yes I see people drive the 100/200 m from those estates to the chippers lol

yeah?

ah feck it so. I'll buy some chicken legs and cook em myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Surprising because their chippers in Leighlin is excellent. The nicest in Carlow IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

godwin wrote: »
    I'm not impressed by the new one, it looks nice, but the grub is below average. I suppose it saves the people driving from eastwood +conway/cummins park an extra 30 seconds in their car on a quest for junk food. Yes I see people drive the 100/200 m from those estates to the chippers lol

It at least 400 metres from me ;) (via the car)

8 drum sticks in ALDI for 2.49 !!!

Savage value !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Is the Indian still open beside Phelans?

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Is the Indian still open beside Phelans?

It opened a few weeks back under management. its not as nice imo.

Where Marios was down near Jimmy D's, is under new management, and is doing a full Indian menu, the food is fantastic.

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    It opened a few weeks back under management. its not as nice imo.

Where Marios was down near Jimmy D's, is under new management, and is doing a full Indian menu, the food is fantastic.

Really! Indian ? Must give it a go so. Hope it was cleaned up.

Advertisement