Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky force PL clubs to remove seats due to 3D cameras

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

would love to see how the other clubs handle this....id be pretty sure, it wont be as big an issue and they will be treated properly.

im sure the cameras could fit in between the barrier and ad boards, but that would put the photographers out i suppose and they are more important too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Jesus I love the way even this thread has degenerated into an argument about fans of a club not being from a particular area.
    It should not matter where in hell the OP is from, in fact it's obvious that it doesn't, given the fact that 2 other guys affected are from Manchester. What does matter is the fact that the club has treated about 60 of these guys extremely poorly.
    For an organisation the size of United, it really wouldn't have taken much to contact each person affected and engage them in dialogue to come to a mutually acceptable arrangement. But just to be told "You're out, and we'll see what we can figure out in 6 weeks" just seems very lazy and amateur.

The point is more so that when you decided to support a team who've been pissing all over their bread and butter for decades, what right do you really have to expect any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

CSF wrote: »
    The point is more so that when you decided to support a team who've been pissing all over their bread and butter for decades, what right do you really have to expect any better?

What right do you have??? Every bloody right in fairness. They've been sold out by the club, or at the very least by someone who made a poor decision. I'd like to think that the media coverage of the extreme disappointment of the supporters affected would cause the club to resolve this quickly.

And why is it some people use this as a way of trying to wind up United fans - the majority of people in here, United fans and otherwise, have stated that the club have acted poorly here.

What right do you have??? Every bloody right in fairness. They've been sold out by the club, or at the very least by someone who made a poor decision. I'd like to think that the media coverage of the extreme disappointment of the supporters affected would cause the club to resolve this quickly.

And why is it some people use this as a way of trying to wind up United fans - the majority of people in here, United fans and otherwise, have stated that the club have acted poorly here.
    United have been selling their fans out for years. Hence why FC United exists. People chose to support them anyway.

If you go to a restaurant that you know has had rats running around it for years, what right do you have to complain when you go there and there are rats? What is actually required is for people to actually do something about it, and like the restaurant, that should have happened long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What a load of rubbish.

Am I supposed to infer from your reasoned articulate response that Manchester United are a philanthropic organization represented by lads who all were born within earshot of the stadium and have not exploited ( very reasonably, legally, and successfully) the market of in particular Asian premierleague watchers/customers.

I'd suggest the circumstances outlined by the OP serves as an example of how in particular top EPL 'clubs' have distanced themselves from real supporters like him. I've often heard it said that day trippers are much preferred to season ticket holders like OP who are less likely to spend in the club shop, buy 'hot dogs' in the stadium etc. They are an inconvenience but unlike customers in other entertainment industries are unlikely to stop coming to games and even if they do given the fanbases of these big clubs they don't care, someone else will probably pay more for the seat next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Sold Out by the club?

The 'club' exists entirely to make profit. It's time people realised this.

If people still want to spend their hard-earned cash on increasing the PLC's profits, then fine, that's their choice.
    But don't go whinging if they make a commercial decision which you don't like or which will cost you even more money.

OP it is time you realised exactly what Man United is, because a football club in the true sense of the word it most certainly is not.

my problem isnt the move, its the way its being done. the person who made this decision, probably doesnt even like football and is based in a call center that has nothing to do with the club.

that has nothing to do with the Glazers or the execs, its the ticket management who dont have two brain cells to rub together. im sure having gaps of seats empty where the players normally celebrate wont go down too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Great!!!

Another Man Utd bashing thread.

United have been selling their fans out for years. Hence why FC United exists. People chose to support them anyway.

If you go to a restaurant that you know has had rats running around it for years, what right do you have to complain when you go there and there are rats? What is actually required is for people to actually do something about it, and like the restaurant, that should have happened long ago.

What a ridiculous analogy.

Edit - people talking about PLC's, profits etc. etc.
    FFS, I'm out.

Hope you get sorted OP. Good luck.

• Advertisement

FFS, I'm out.

I think it hits the mark fairly well

FFS, I'm out.

But that is the crux of the OP's problem. The PLC thinking only of money.

Another Yanited fan who fails to see what the 'club' actually is.

do, run from the thread and bury your head in the sand.

Henlars67 wrote: »

Lol.

Cause no club in world would do what they do if got chance.

Well done sir.

Lol.

Well done sir.

Elaborate

I think it hits the mark fairly well
    It really doesnt.

Ain't running anywhere pal. Yes I am a United fan.
    And if you read my previous posts in this thread you will see that i think what's happened to the 60-odd ST holders is quite unfair to say the very least.

The reason I said I'm out, is because this quickly descended into an opportunity for some posters to bash United, and obviously try wind up United supporters. The discussion about the rights and wrongs of the OP's plight could be had without the baiting imo.

Lol.

Well done sir.

I don't understand what you mean by that.

• Advertisement

Elaborate

Money speaks all languages. Would you be upset to see Shels make money?

It really doesnt.

Ok. Please tell me where I got it wrong.

Money speaks all languages. Would you be upset to see Shels make money?

No, Id love for us to be really successful, but we havent the fanbase. Would I be upset to see the fans being messed about to make money for shareholders? Yes.

It really doesnt.

Ain't running anywhere pal. Yes I am a United fan.
    And if you read my previous posts in this thread you will see that i think what's happened to the 60-odd ST holders is quite unfair to say the very least.

The reason I said I'm out, is because this quickly descended into an opportunity for some posters to bash United, and obviously try wind up United supporters. The discussion about the rights and wrongs of the OP's plight could be had without the baiting imo.

If this discussion was about Chelsea, Arsenal etc I'd be saying the same things, but it happens to be about Man U.

Being fair to fans doesn't matter to these 'clubs' as if a fan decides not to go to games anymore there are any amount of people to replace them. The fact that this has to be pointed out to people really amuses me.

No, Id love for us to be really successful, but we havent the fanbase. Would I be upset to see the fans being messed about to make money for shareholders? Yes.

Nobody is happy to see fans get thrown around.

I have been in past by Cork and Hibs.

This is not just Man Utd Plc problem like some other posters seems to suggest.

Far from it.

• Advertisement

Nobody is happy to see fans get thrown around.

I have been in past by Cork and Hibs.

This is not just Man Utd Plc problem like some other posters seems to suggest.

Far from it.

I certainly didn't suggest it was just United. English football is very bad for it at the top level. United are one of the worst offenders though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

No I don't support a Scottish team. I'm Irish.

Apologies, your username is very misleading.

I certainly didn't suggest it was just United. English football is very bad for it at the top level. United are one of the worst offenders though.

I know you didn't hence why said "other" posters.

I know you're poster who is fair on these issues.

Few others though seen to have a agenda. Don't mind United being blasted for this, but it's the other stuff thrown in is just boring at this stage.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Apologies, your username is very misleading.

It is based on Henrik Larsson, one of my favourite players of all time.

The '67' bit is just coincidental and nothing to do with Celtic and the European cup, based on something else entirely.

The '67' bit is just coincidental and nothing to do with Celtic and the European cup, based on something else entirely.

That is probably the most coincidental thing I've ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

It's a bit disrespectful of them to move you after 6 years alright, and I would have thought they would accommodate you a little bit better (maybe extending the "same price ticket / different seat" period for another few years.

I'm nearly sure Liverpool did something similar recently also (but not for Sky cameras) and there was similar uproar.

Hopefully you get decent seats together, never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

baz2009 wrote: »
    You support Celtic I assume?
    Have they not being doing their best to fúck over the Green Brigade, the fans who make a real attempt to liven up games at Celtic Park, the last few seasons?

Actually, there was a similar situation at celtic a few years ago, when those with season books in 111 were moved to give the green brigade their own section

It's a bit disrespectful of them to move you after 6 years alright, and I would have thought they would accommodate you a little bit better (maybe extending the "same price ticket / different seat" period for another few years.

I'm nearly sure Liverpool did something similar recently also (but not for Sky cameras) and there was similar uproar.

Hopefully you get decent seats together, never know.

as i said, this is not about Money...im sure we can get that sorted in 2015. its the complete lack of consideration and respect by these people who are in charge of ticket allocations. and above all else, we had pride in the fact that these were our seats...few people will understand that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Fans will demand their club sign multi million pound players and then kick up a fuss when the club does the necessary things to try and finance those signings. Can't have it both ways.

Fans will demand their club sign multi million pound players and then kick up a fuss when the club does the necessary things to try and finance those signings. Can't have it both ways.

The majority of fans worldwide do not demand this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is anyone listening to Homer at all?!

The problem isn't that they are doing it. It's how they are going about doing it!

your not a match going fan i take it then? if you were, you wouldnt come out with this tripe....

and by the way, TV money is only part of turnover, main income comes from bums on seats and commercial revenue, which is driven by fans.

im pretty sure united could do without 3d related revenue this season..the problem is other clubs cant.

your not a match going fan i take it then? if you were, you wouldnt come out with this tripe....

and by the way, TV money is only part of turnover, main income comes from bums on seats and commercial revenue, which is driven by fans.

im pretty sure united could do without 3d related revenue this season..the problem is other clubs cant.

But there are thousands of fans ready to replace you and your mates if you stop going so Utd couldn't give a flying f**k about you.

Why should they care? They exist to make make a profit and if you 3 stop going it won't mean that they make any less of a profit.

But there are thousands of fans ready to replace you and your mates if you stop going so Utd couldn't give a flying f**k about you.

Why should they care? They exist to make make a profit and if you 3 stop going it won't mean that they make any less of a profit.

I think you have a bit of a problem with United and you are purposely using this thread to push it. Why are you trying to force your opinion down peoples necks?

We all agree that the club treated the OP badly here but we do not yet know what course of action they will take.

I have no more a problem with United than any other of the modern football PLC's. This thread happens to be about united.

I have no more a problem with United than any other of the modern football PLC's. This thread happens to be about united.

So it's the structure of these clubs? (Premier League)

Well, you wouldn't be alone there but all clubs (big and small) are as much motivated financially as they are by silverware.

Like I said, it's bad form what happened to the OP, but I would say over his 6 year period of sitting in those seats, he hasn't had many bad experiences.

Well, you wouldn't be alone there but all clubs (big and small) are as much motivated financially as they are by silverware.

That really isn't true. For most clubs finance is a means towards silverware rather then the end goal

That really isn't true. For most clubs finance is a means towards silverware rather then the end goal

Really now? Are there many owners who do this? That never look to reclaim their investment or take a sum for themselves from the club? I would imagine nearly every owner has this intention. Whether they actually succeed is another thing.

Really now? Are there many owners who do this? That never look to reclaim their investment or take a sum for themselves from the club? I would imagine nearly every owner has this intention. Whether they actually succeed is another thing.

The sugardaddy model isn't quite so common outside the Premiership.

• Advertisement

Other countries clubs can have their debts wiped out.

Balances it out a little ;-)

Other countries clubs can have their debts wiped out.

Balances it out a little ;-)

Just Real Madrid though. As much as I know you're joking, I'm sure we can still agree that lots of football clubs are run for reasons other than to make someone rich, or to provide someone already rich with a hobby. Ill give you a hint..... you live near one...

Just Real Madrid though. As much as I know you're joking, I'm sure we can still agree that lots of football clubs are run for reasons other than to make someone rich, or to provide someone already rich with a hobby. Ill give you a hint..... you live near one...

Few more from what I know.

Yes agree with second point. Won't argue with that.

Few more from what I know.

Yes agree with second point. Won't argue with that.

Who else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Seems legitimate

On a separate note, I wonder what ever happened that poor young disabled boy that lost both his parents. If I remember correctly, he could communicate only by blinking (once for yes, twice for no). Last I heard, that same boy had just written to a kind hearted ruaral irish priest that had promised him years earlier, a whistle to allow him communicate properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

I do love to see fanboys of EPL PLC's get f**ked over by their 'clubs'.

It makes me all the more grateful that I follow an actual club who value my attendance and the money I contribute.

You seem really cool.
    could you give us all some lessons on how to be a 'real' fan?

• Advertisement

Who else?

Barca have huge debts but ain't too bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

The PL have recently enough received 3 billion quid from Sky and BT (alone).

Obviously PL clubs are contractually obliged to accommodate broadcasters. It's common sense.

The real issue here is how TV money/rights is affecting everyone involved in the game as

Ah sure who cares. Here's an excuse to post negatively about a club I dislike!

Advertisement