Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Live Session

Options
  • 04-05-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to buy something to record a live session. I want something small that I can leave on a table and press record and just leave it there for the night while we play.

I'm looking at two things

1. Zoom H2next Handy Recorder

2.BOSS Micro BR 80 Digital Recorder.

Any ideas or other options would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

if its just a decent quality stereo recording you want, then a smartphone is as good as anything. there's various free apps for recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Those Zoom recorders are great for just hitting record and playing. I would definitely NOT use a smartphone, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i use one all the time. works perfect, and its free since I already have it. Just for jam stereo recordings mind you as otherwise we run everything through an Edirol FA 101 - but `as I say, for on the fly stereo recordings, a smartphone is just as good as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭elduder

Do you use the recorder that comes with the phone or an app?

Advertisement