Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 37 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

What are the chances of De Gea playing the last few games?

I need to shift him but its gonna cost me a 4 point hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

So mid-price midfielders to replace Michu.

Walcott would be ideal but don't have the cash.

At the moment I'm contemplating Johnson or Ben Arfa. Both playing for teams with a lot to play for, though that rarely translates into a sack of goals. Both have decent fixtures.

QPR v Newcastle
    Sunderland v Southampton

Ben Arfa is just back from injury. Picked up 2 BPs last week in a nil all draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Roonbox wrote: »
    What are the chances of De Gea playing the last few games?

I need to shift him but its gonna cost me a 4 point hit.

He will play on Sunday. It will be his first league title. Lindergaard was given the second last home game but I'd be AMAZED if De Gea does not get the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im going to do michu to cazorla he is the 3rd highest mid in the game and has a great fixture against a tired wigan that cant defend 3 days after the cup final. Granted he is not consistent more of a 2 2 3 2 15 2 2 3 12 type player. Hopefully he chooses Wigan for one of his double digit scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Heads up to those that are thinking about Gerrard for the last 2 weeks. He may be undergoing shoulder surgery, sounds like too much of a risk for anyone to bring him in.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article3757640.ece[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I was at the game on Sunday and have to say he did look to be struggling with it. Also, I thought quite a few of the Liverpool players didn't look up for it, game had quite a subdued feel to it. Given that it now looks like Everto will finish higher, then I would be wary of trusting any Liverpool players over the last 2 gameweeks for motivational reasons. And if Gerrard was missing as well, then those concerns would be increased.

Liverpool have now confirmed that Daniel Agger will miss the last 2 games as well for treatment on his back. Would have serious concerns with their motivation over the next 2 gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm considering Ben Arfa in for Michu. Newcastle really need to put in one or two good performances to pull clear of Wigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm considering Ben Arfa in for Michu. Newcastle really need to put in one or two good performances to pull clear of Wigan.

What position is he playing now that he's back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Looked fat against West Ham . I'd considered him myself that put me off though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ben Arfa gets relegated every season. He is just full of fail.

roryc wrote: »

He's been with Newcastle the last two seasons and they weren't relegated.

He also won four Ligue 1 titles at Lyon according to Wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Im going to do michu to cazorla he is the 3rd highest mid in the game and has a great fixture against a tired wigan that cant defend 3 days after the cup final. Granted he is not consistent more of a 2 2 3 2 15 2 2 3 12 type player. Hopefully he chooses Wigan for one of his double digit scores.

Yeah arsenal game really standouts GW37. For me Carzola/Arteta (depending on finances and presuming one has Theo) are obvious replacements for Michu although Fellaini is intriguing.

Arsenal are very motivated and have the potential to be devastating at home. Wigan are brutal at the back and have no actual left back with Figeroua injured. I will be captaining Walcott for sure, who has even more potential for FF returns in the absence of Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Well that's made up my mind. Ultimate contrarian buy signal.

As soon as you reach the point of ridicule on the Boards FF threads it's time to get on board. Apart from Torres of course. He's just a poor footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

from 7 dgw player,
    to 5 people missing this gameweek.
    fml .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

What are people's thoughts on chelsea's team selection now for saturday? i would of considered mata to santi at a 4 point hit had chelsea won and been all but guaranteed champions league football meaning mata probably would've been rested ahead of the europa league final wednesday but would i be right in thinking he'll field a strong side now? with only a 3 point lead he can't really rest players, especially when spurs play stoke and arsenal play wigan so both likely to win. also the fact it's an early kick off gives them more time for recovery.

my thinking is that it'll be a full strength team and if they're winning he'll take hazard/mata off after 60/70 minutes.

do people agree or is it possible he'll start some players that won't start wednesday moses/terry etc and keep mata on the bench for if he's needed?

i know, asking you to try guess what rafa is thinking is a tall order.....does keith Barry post here??

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on chelsea's team selection now for saturday? i would of considered mata to santi at a 4 point hit had chelsea won and been all but guaranteed champions league football meaning mata probably would've been rested ahead of the europa league final wednesday but would i be right in thinking he'll field a strong side now? with only a 3 point lead he can't really rest players, especially when spurs play stoke and arsenal play wigan so both likely to win. also the fact it's an early kick off gives them more time for recovery.

my thinking is that it'll be a full strength team and if they're winning he'll take hazard/mata off after 60/70 minutes.

do people agree or is it possible he'll start some players that won't start wednesday moses/terry etc and keep mata on the bench for if he's needed?

i know, asking you to try guess what rafa is thinking is a tall order.....does keith Barry post here??
    Do you already have Walcott ?

km79 wrote: »
    Do you already have Walcott ?

yeah already have walcott but i've a few players with question marks over whether they'll play.

Tevez? (probably will feature at some point)
    Zab (don't think he'll play)
    Turner? (been out a few weeks, hoping he'll be back though)
    RVP? (will feature at some point and today's news might mean he starts)
    Mariappa (will play but aginst city i'd rather avoid putting him in my team)

then there's the 2 chelsea lads, Luiz and Mata? want to guage opinion on if they're likely to start, i think myself they will but don't want to be left with too many potential 1 pointers in my team.

yeah already have walcott but i've a few players with question marks over whether they'll play.

Tevez? (probably will feature at some point)
    Zab (don't think he'll play)
    Turner? (been out a few weeks, hoping he'll be back though)
    RVP? (will feature at some point and today's news might mean he starts)
    Mariappa (will play but aginst city i'd rather avoid putting him in my team)

then there's the 2 chelsea lads, Luiz and Mata? want to guage opinion on if they're likely to start, i think myself they will but don't want to be left with too many potential 1 pointers in my team.
    I already have cazorla and he has been a DISASTER but I've not had a chance o get rid of him. Hoping this is the week he exploded. But also considering Walcott at a cost of 4 points ......swore I'd not take another hit .....Rafael Michu out. Zabaletta prob won't play ....
    Downgrade Rafael upgrade Michu ....?

km79 wrote: »
    I already have cazorla and he has been a DISASTER but I've not had a chance o get rid of him. Hoping this is the week he exploded. But also considering Walcott at a cost of 4 points ......swore I'd not take another hit .....Rafael Michu out. Zabaletta prob won't play ....
    Downgrade Rafael upgrade Michu ....?

yeah defo, it's worth the points hit, neither of them will feature again this season and walcott could run riot against wigan in a match that is 3 or 4 days after the cup final, arsenal will have had 10 or 11 days rest and it'll be wigan's 4th match in a week and a half.
    If you don't already have him i'd bring in sagna for rafael and walcott for michu.

I think its highly likely mata will not start he has played sun 90 mins wed 90 mins cant see him starting Sat as he is chelseas main man and will probably be on the bench if needed. Hazard more likely to start he has only played 72 mins in the two games. Delighted with the draw tonight as it still means chelsea will have to play a fair few of the big guns.
    The likes of ba, moses, terry , lampard will definetly start.
    Cech
    Azpil terry cahill cole
    lampard Luiz or mikel if fit
    hazard moses oscar
    ba
    That would be my guess at the line up.

Hopefully Im right( mainly with hazard) as I have zab tevez mata hazard luiz and they are all doubts to start plus I need to transfer out michu.

benitez now saying hazard was substituted with a small injury should be ok for Sat.

• Advertisement

moreau wrote: »
    Yeah arsenal game really standouts GW37. For me Carzola/Arteta (depending on finances and presuming one has Theo) are obvious replacements for Michu although Fellaini is intriguing.

Arsenal are very motivated and have the potential to be devastating at home. Wigan are brutal at the back and have no actual left back with Figeroua injured. I will be captaining Walcott for sure, who has even more potential for FF returns in the absence of Giroud

Ye walcott capt for me aswell

I think its highly likely mata will not start he has played sun 90 mins wed 90 mins cant see him starting Sat as he is chelseas main man and will probably be on the bench if needed. Hazard more likely to start he has only played 72 mins in the two games. Delighted with the draw tonight as it still means chelsea will have to play a fair few of the big guns.
    The likes of ba, moses, terry , lampard will definetly start.
    Cech
    Azpil terry cahill cole
    lampard Luiz or mikel if fit
    hazard moses oscar
    ba
    That would be my guess at the line up.

Hopefully Im right( mainly with hazard) as I have zab tevez mata hazard luiz and they are all doubts to start plus I need to transfer out michu.

benitez now saying hazard was substituted with a small injury should be ok for Sat.

Hazard didn't look fit to me. He wasn't half as involved as Mata or Oscar.

I think he could be in danger of not playing Saturday.

Lemlin wrote: »

I didnt see it apart from a few clips on ssn where they said hazard was chelseas most dangerous player no pun intended.The fact he was withdrawn with a sligth injury is the worrying part for me.

Don't know about that now . I thought Hazard was great last night .
    Touches of the ball
    Mata 56
    Hazard 56
    Oscar 54

Passes
    Mata 37
    Hazard 29
    Oscar 28

Chances Created
    Mata 2 (Both were from set pieces)
    Hazard 1
    Oscar 1

Shots
    Mata 2
    Hazard 3
    Oscar 2

Not much between the 3 of them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

What would people do here...Im 20 points ahead in my main league and I cant afford michu to walcott (im thinking walcott is a necessity).

Would you do tevez > sturridge and michu > walcot for a 4 point hit or hazard to walcot free transfer?

My other mids are nasri,fellaini,bale and my strikers are rvp lukaku and tevez.

Completley stumped on what to do.

joe123 wrote: »
    What would people do here...Im 20 points ahead in my main league and I cant afford michu to walcott (im thinking walcott is a necessity).

Would you do tevez > sturridge and michu > walcot for a 4 point hit or hazard to walcot free transfer?

My other mids are nasri,fellaini,bale and my strikers are rvp lukaku and tevez.

Completley stumped on what to do.
    Hazard to walcott especially if your rival doesnt have hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm on very late charge to win my big money league. 9 points behind now so it's fairly tight. He's already taken a -4 hit for this weekend.

I'm looking for good differentiators. Problem areas in my team are Samba, Schneiderlin, Harte and two Wigan players. I also have Cazorla when I'd prefer Walcott.

My defense is probably the priority. My first choice includes Zab, Sagna & Demel but if Zab is a rotation risk I only have Samba (injured) and Harte (not playing) in reserve.

Any opinions?

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Don't know about that now . I thought Hazard was great last night .
    Touches of the ball
    Mata 56
    Hazard 56
    Oscar 54

Passes
    Mata 37
    Hazard 29
    Oscar 28

Chances Created
    Mata 2 (Both were from set pieces)
    Hazard 1
    Oscar 1

Shots
    Mata 2
    Hazard 3
    Oscar 2

Not much between the 3 of them .

I only saw bits as I was flicking around but Mata put Ramires through when he slipped when he should have scored and also had a good turn and shot at the start.

I definitely can't see how both Mata's chances created were from set pieces because that Ramires chance wasn't.

All I remember Hazard doing was a pull back for Oscar who shot at the keeper.

I only saw bits as I was flicking around but Mata put Ramires through when he slipped when he should have scored and also had a good turn and shot at the start.

I definitely can't see how both Mata's chances created were from set pieces because that Ramires chance wasn't.

All I remember Hazard doing was a pull back for Oscar who shot at the keeper.

I believe a chance created is a pass that leads to a shot on target , no shot on target by Ramires = no chance created .

I believe a chance created is a pass that leads to a shot on target , no shot on target by Ramires = no chance created .

So basically the stats are hugely incorrect.

For example, I remember a game once where Martin Petrov put about three fantastic passes across the Blackburn goal line but City had nobody to finish them. Each ball only needed to hit a shin and it was a goal.

So those wouldn't have been counted as chances created.

That's just nuts and shows the problem with relying on stats. They are easily manipulated.

• Advertisement

So basically the stats are hugely incorrect.

For example, I remember a game once where Martin Petrov put about three fantastic passes across the Blackburn goal line but City had nobody to finish them. Each ball only needed to hit a shin and it was a goal.

So those wouldn't have been counted as chances created.

That's just nuts and shows the problem with relying on stats. They are easily manipulated.

No need for Opta anymore we'll just go by what Lemlin considers a chance created shall we .

You said Hazard wasn't half as involved as Oscar & Mata . You were wrong.

No need for Opta anymore we'll just go by what Lemlin considers a chance created shall we .

Not sure what your problem here is. I've admitted to only seeing parts of the game (said it on the Matchday thread). The last 30 mins was all I watched consistently. The rest of the time I was flicking and catching 5 minutes here and there.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I've no problem admitting it so not sure why you're coming back with the attitude. I didn't see any standout moments from Hazard in the parts I saw whereas I can straight away think of chances for Oscar and Mata.

Like I said though, my query is now with the stats given above and how they are compiled.

As I've pointed out, I think it's a flaw in the stats to say Mata created 2 chances from set pieces when he actually created the best chance of the game (that didn't result in a goal) from a non set piece.

Even this morning SSN were showing a clip of Souness saying if Ramires hadn't slipped it was 3-1 and Chelsea were guaranteed the win. Mata created that chance.

I'm waiting until Sat morning to make any transfers. Hopefully Benitez decides to get up nice and early and announces his team news before 11:30am. Mata/Hazard or both could be dropped. Fellaini -> Hazard at a 4 point hit has turned out to be a massive fail.

Have a read of:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22453987

Last night's live text of the game from BBC.

Very little mention of Hazard being involved whereas:

Spurs just can't get going. Oscar and Juan Mata are running the show for the home side and Gareth Bale is being left isolated out on the left wing for Tottenham.

And there's plenty more about Oscar and Mata.

Have a read of:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22453987

Last night's live text of the game from BBC.

Very little mention of Hazard being involved whereas:

Spurs just can't get going. Oscar and Juan Mata are running the show for the home side and Gareth Bale is being left isolated out on the left wing for Tottenham.

And there's plenty more about Oscar and Mata.

Why would I want to read a live text of a game I already watched live ?
    BBC is like your gospel you always mention it .

Bleacher Report gave Hazard & Oscar a 8 . Mata 7.5

West London Sport
    gave Hazard 8 , Oscar 7 & Mata 6

Itv gave Hazard & Oscar a 8 & Mata 7

Proof enough that Hazard that a good game ?

West London Sport

Watching games and forming your own opinions will tell you more than stats/text all day long IMO. I didnt see the game but on sky after the game souness/hoddle said hazard played well.

West London Sport

Like I said, I highlighted the article because its contents are indicative of what I saw myself of the game.

You saw the full game so I've no problem admitting you've a better picture than me of the full 90 minutes.

What particular chances that Hazard was involved in stand out for you?

I'm asking because, as I said, I remember one pull back for an Oscar shot and the live feed mentions one other shot. What chances did I miss?

There's a difference between playing well and playing well in FF terms. There's no point in him completing 70 passes if they're at the half way line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Trying to decide who to bring in for Gerrard....my 4 other midfielders are Bale, Carzola, Silva & Maloney.

I have 1.7mill in the bank & I am trying to choose between the following options Mata, Hazard, Nani, Valencia or as a wildcard pick Kagawa. Not sure about the Chelsea 2 with them pushing to cement Top 4 position away at Villa plus Europa League Final on Wednesday. Man Utd midfielders have been pretty poor all season with Kagawa not getting much game time.

What do people think? or would it be a risk to bring in Walcott & have 2 Arsenal midfielders? Any other options out there?

Trying to decide who to bring in for Gerrard....my 4 other midfielders are Bale, Carzola, Silva & Maloney.

I have 1.7mill in the bank & I am trying to choose between the following options Mata, Hazard, Nani, Valencia or as a wildcard pick Kagawa. Not sure about the Chelsea 2 with them pushing to cement Top 4 position away at Villa plus Europa League Final on Wednesday. Man Utd midfielders have been pretty poor all season with Kagawa not getting much game time.

What do people think? or would it be a risk to bring in Walcott & have 2 Arsenal midfielders? Any other options out there?

Walcott. It's not even close!!

• Advertisement

Walcott. It's not even close!!
    Agree he is the standout captain choice this week aswell. Prettyboy the 5 options you were considering are all extremely risky choices as none of them are nailed on this week.

I have a secret weapon in store for the armband this week. 20+ points guaranteed.

I have a secret weapon in store for the armband this week. 20+ points guaranteed.
    michus injured:)

or would it be a risk to bring in Walcott & have 2 Arsenal midfielders?

What's wrong with having 2 Arsenal midfielders?

I never really got this whole "having coverage" thing people are always going on about!

Ok I'm intrigued, you might have some inside bookie info:pac:

Ah go on give us a hint!

Benitez: 'Lampard will play against Aston Villa, and after we have to decide the team for the final.' #cfc

Lampard could be a good option to replace Michu this week .

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by roryc:
    Benitez: 'Lampard will play against Aston Villa, and after we have to decide the team for the final.' #cfc

Hmmm are these 2 posts related:D

He is close to breaking a record # goals for Chelsea I think

was just about to post the lampard bit but will post this one instead about hazard.

Chelsea FCchelseafc 25m
    Benitez on team news: 'Moses is limping a bit. Mikel is training. Hazard, we are a bit concerned and have to keep an eye on him.' #CFC

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 25m RB on Hazard: 'He had a calf problem. Yesterday he was limping a bit, but I think he will be fine.' #CFC

Anyone see a transfer here?

I'm thinking of banking it. Thought about Ben Arfa but then Newcastle have Chelsea final game and I reckon Wigan will have been relegated by then anyway.

Anyone see a transfer here?

I'm thinking of banking it. Thought about Ben Arfa but then Newcastle have Chelsea final game and I reckon Wigan will have been relegated by then anyway.

Nothing really jumps out, i'm assuming you don't have money to transfer cazorla in for Michu?? you could do Michu to coutinho as liverpool have 2 good looking fixtures, particulary next week at home to qpr but the problem is they seem to have just accepted the season is over.

i did the Michu to coutinho move myself and am considering switching mata to cazorla for a 4 point hit.

Lampard could be a good option to replace Michu this week .
    ye very good option for this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement