Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 37 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I have a secret weapon in store for the armband this week. 20+ points guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »
    I have a secret weapon in store for the armband this week. 20+ points guaranteed.
    michus injured:)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

or would it be a risk to bring in Walcott & have 2 Arsenal midfielders?

What's wrong with having 2 Arsenal midfielders?

I never really got this whole "having coverage" thing people are always going on about!

Ok I'm intrigued, you might have some inside bookie info:pac:

Ah go on give us a hint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Benitez: 'Lampard will play against Aston Villa, and after we have to decide the team for the final.' #cfc

Lampard could be a good option to replace Michu this week .

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by roryc:
    Jax Teller wrote: »
    Benitez: 'Lampard will play against Aston Villa, and after we have to decide the team for the final.' #cfc

Hmmm are these 2 posts related:D

He is close to breaking a record # goals for Chelsea I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

was just about to post the lampard bit but will post this one instead about hazard.

Chelsea FCchelseafc 25m
    Benitez on team news: 'Moses is limping a bit. Mikel is training. Hazard, we are a bit concerned and have to keep an eye on him.' #CFC

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 25m RB on Hazard: 'He had a calf problem. Yesterday he was limping a bit, but I think he will be fine.' #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone see a transfer here?

I'm thinking of banking it. Thought about Ben Arfa but then Newcastle have Chelsea final game and I reckon Wigan will have been relegated by then anyway.

Lemlin wrote: »

I'm thinking of banking it. Thought about Ben Arfa but then Newcastle have Chelsea final game and I reckon Wigan will have been relegated by then anyway.

Nothing really jumps out, i'm assuming you don't have money to transfer cazorla in for Michu?? you could do Michu to coutinho as liverpool have 2 good looking fixtures, particulary next week at home to qpr but the problem is they seem to have just accepted the season is over.

i did the Michu to coutinho move myself and am considering switching mata to cazorla for a 4 point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jax Teller wrote: »

Lampard could be a good option to replace Michu this week .
    ye very good option for this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just to point out, Newcastle play Arsenal on the last day.

Yours Sincerely, Pedantic Pete.

Just to point out, Newcastle play Arsenal on the last day.

Yours Sincerely, Pedantic Pete.

Thanks. Had the wrong CL chasing team with something to play for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Thanks. Had the wrong CL chasing team with something to play for!

Yeah, if anything it's even more of a reason to not get Ben Arfa. Chelsea might have a CL place secured by then but Arsenal might not.

Anyway, I had also been considering him, but think I'll go for someone else. Maybe Lamps. Had him earlier in the season and he served me well.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Nothing really jumps out, i'm assuming you don't have money to transfer cazorla in for Michu?? you could do Michu to coutinho as liverpool have 2 good looking fixtures, particulary next week at home to qpr but the problem is they seem to have just accepted the season is over.

i did the Michu to coutinho move myself and am considering switching mata to cazorla for a 4 point hit.

I'm not a huge fan of Cazorla tbh. Walcott has delivered for me. He never seems to.

As for Coutinho, I thought about him too but then decided what's the point if I wouldn't play him.

That said, if Turner isn't passed fit I need to bring in a sub. Harte or Michu won't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

107je6x.jpg

I'm not really sure what to do this week. My gut says bring back RVP but I'll probably have to sell Tevez and Baines. It was a great DGW team but probably not so good now.

Any advice at all is welcome? If I had to do something right now I'd do Tevez to RVP and either Baines/Mata to somebody. Aside from Arsenal and MAYBE United I don't see any really good fixtures for one reason or another.

Do people think Tevez will play? City's season is over, they can't realistically finish better or worse than 2nd place.

Do people think Tevez will play? City's season is over, they can't realistically finish better or worse than 2nd place.

i think he'll start, i think what we saw last saturday was pretty much the fa cup final team and then the fact that the majority of those players were rested tuesday night seems to suggest that was the case. there could be 1 or 2 changes aside from the obvious one where Pantilimon will come in, but I'd expect Tevez to be a sub on saturday and then start v reading.

i think he'll start, i think what we saw last saturday was pretty much the fa cup final team and then the fact that the majority of those players were rested tuesday night seems to suggest that was the case. there could be 1 or 2 changes aside from the obvious one where Pantilimon will come in, but I'd expect Tevez to be a sub on saturday and then start v reading.

Wait, you think Pantilimon will play against Reading? I am f**ked if he does, sub keeper is Federici

there could be 1 or 2 changes aside from the obvious one where Pantilimon will come in, but I'd expect Tevez to be a sub on saturday and then start v reading.
    Wait, you think Pantilimon will play against Reading? I am f**ked if he does, sub keeper is Federici

:eek: He'd better not, I expect with Bunn playing so poorly that Ruddy may come back in. That would leave me rudderless (:pac:) in the goalkeeper department.

:eek: He'd better not, I expect with Bunn playing so poorly that Ruddy may come back in. That would leave me rudderless (:pac:) in the goalkeeper department.

Would Ruddy really be rushed back into a team in a relegation dogfight after being out so long? Has he been playing reserve games?

It's a crap end to the season. There are far too many teams with nothing to play for. Teams like Everton, Swansea, West Brom, Liverpool, Fulham, West Ham, Saints, United and City are now in cruise control.

• Advertisement

Would Ruddy really be rushed back into a team in a relegation dogfight after being out so long? Has he been playing reserve games?

It's a crap end to the season. There are far too many teams with nothing to play for. Teams like Everton, Swansea, West Brom, Liverpool, Fulham, West Ham, Saints, United and City are now in cruise control.

As far as I'm aware (I have no facts or stats at hand to base this on) he's ben back playing for the reserves for at least 3 weeks, Bunn was rather sketchy against Villa so it may be an option.

We needed Wigan to win against Swansea. I wonder how Everton themselves will react in these last 2 games now?

woah, sorry lads, i might have phrased that ar**ways, what i was trying to say was the team that started last saturday v swansea will be the cup final team bar the obvious change of pantillimon coming in becuase he's the cup keeper and maybe 1 other,

so, no, Hart will play the league game.

I was saying that I expect Tevez to be on the bench for the cup final because he wasn't in th starting 11 on saturday but played tuesday night, so i expect him to start the reading game then.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Currently 26 points in front of my main opponent.
    My current squad is (0 in bank):

Hart | Cerny
    Sagna | Dawson | Demel | Shaw | Mariappa
    Bale | Mata | Fellaini | Sissoko | Michu
    Van Persie | Tevez | Kone

Would it be wise to take a 4pt hit and replace Michu/Tevez for Walcott/Sturridge ??

All advices/ideas are more than welcome!

bezuaua wrote: »

Hart | Cerny

Would it be wise to take a 4pt hit and replace Michu/Tevez for Walcott/Sturridge ??

Get rid of Michu, he can get you 0 points from 2 games. Walcott should get you atleast 4 points which would cover the hit plus he plays Wigan and Newcastle. Do it now, run...faster! :pac:

Tevez however is a conundrum I also face, tempted to bring RVP back myself. Sturridge is a good alternative though or maybe Benteke on the last weekend could be good.

If you're unsure over Tevez why not sell Sissoko for Henderson to make the funds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Dawson to Distin maybe, Everton are very good at the back and Spurs are crap! Only problem is Everton play Chelsea away last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

bezuaua wrote: »

Hart | Cerny

If u were very much against taking a hit i would just do Michu to Countinho (2 favourable games and main attacking threat along with sturridge).
    However Walcott is a must have in my opinion and has been for the last month, michu to walcott leaves u to downgrade sissoko, play 343 with ur 5th mid as maybe townsend at 4.4 cheap, playing, and capable of points, and with playing mid of bale mata fellaini and walcott which is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

If u were very much against taking a hit i would just do Michu to Countinho (2 favourable games and main attacking threat along with sturridge).
    However Walcott is a must have in my opinion and has been for the last month, michu to walcott leaves u to downgrade sissoko, play 343 with ur 5th mid as maybe townsend at 4.4 cheap, playing, and capable of points, and with playing mid of bale mata fellaini and walcott which is excellent.

That's a fair approach! I want walcott with the armband!
    My main issue is Tevez because I dont think we will play much in the 2 final GW's...

If only I had Mancini's phone number...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

All right nerds, who do I captain this week?
    Everyone in my league will pick Bale so I'm scared not to- Whenever I try pick someone else for a differential I always get screwed over!!!

footy.jpg

All right nerds, who do I captain this week?
    Everyone in my league will pick Bale so I'm scared not to- Whenever I try pick someone else for a differential I always get screwed over!!!

Sounds like you answered your own question! Also I assume Lambert and Yaya will find their way back into the team over Swansea players? If you had Walcott I'd say Walcott though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ready to do the transfer of Michu to Lampard. I have De Gea as my only playing keeper. Would it be worth transferring him out too at a 4 point hit or do people think he'll play Fergie's last 2 games in charge?

Advertisement