Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 37 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Thanks for replies lads...it boils down to Walcott or Lampard now. A decision will be made in the wee hours of Friday night/Saturday morning after few cans of jungle juice!

2 weeks to go & I've a 27pts gap in me mates league. Squeaky Bum Time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Thanks for replies lads...it boils down to Walcott or Lampard now. A decision will be made in the wee hours of Friday night/Saturday morning after few cans of jungle juice!

2 weeks to go & I've a 27pts gap in me mates league. Squeaky Bum Time

it wouldn't even be a consideration for me, Walcott all day long. Not only does he have the better fixture this week and is captain material but he will also play the last 2 matches, whilst we now know Lapard will play saturday, there's no guarantee he'll play next week. If it was definately going to be his last game at stamford bridge i'd say he would but chances are that he'll get a new contract anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

jebforever wrote: »
    Ready to do the transfer of Michu to Lampard. I have De Gea as my only playing keeper. Would it be worth transferring him out too at a 4 point hit or do people think he'll play Fergie's last 2 games in charge?

To swap De Gea or not for a 4 point hit, I'm in that boat too and I don't know what to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Roonbox wrote: »
    To swap De Gea or not for a 4 point hit, I'm in that boat too and I don't know what to do..

I would be reluctant to take a hit to get a keeper and would you not think with Ferguson retiring he will want the best team playing for the last home match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

carrig2 wrote: »
    I would be reluctant to take a hit to get a keeper and would you not think with Ferguson retiring he will want the best team playing for the last home match?

I agree with Carrig2 here. OK guys, will Mata play Saturday because that makes a difference to my transfer if you reckon he might be benched.

• Advertisement

leewarden wrote: »
    I agree with Carrig2 here. OK guys, will Mata play Saturday because that makes a difference to my transfer if you reckon he might be benched.

i'm in the same boat, considering taking a 4 point hit for cazorla, not just based on this week but for the 2 weeks that remain. If i knew Mata would play both i'd keep him, no question but can we realistically see him starting saturday, starting the cup final wednesday and then starting next sunday? especially if they already have a champions league spot wrapped up before the final day? My answer is NO, he will start the cup final so likely he'll be benched for one of the other games.

so my question is, is Cazorla (-4) who is guaranteed to play 180 minutes(barring injury/suspension) at home to wigan and away to newcastle likely to outscore Mata who may only play 120 minutes, away to villa and at home to everton?? anyone care to weigh in with their thoughts? some very good posters on here so would be interested to hear your thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i'm in the same boat, considering taking a 4 point hit for cazorla, not just based on this week but for the 2 weeks that remain. If i knew Mata would play both i'd keep him, no question but can we realistically see him starting saturday, starting the cup final wednesday and then starting next sunday? especially if they already have a champions league spot wrapped up before the final day? My answer is NO, he will start the cup final so likely he'll be benched for one of the other games.

so my question is, is Cazorla (-4) who is guaranteed to play 180 minutes(barring injury/suspension) at home to wigan and away to newcastle likely to outscore Mata who may only play 120 minutes, away to villa and at home to everton?? anyone care to weigh in with their thoughts? some very good posters on here so would be interested to hear your thoughts.

I don't think Mata will start tomorrow. He played 90 minutes twice this week already. I have him myself and can't see him starting.

I wouldn't sub him out for Cazorla though. Who are your other midfielders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Any news on Turner being fit for Norwich??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Cazorla hasn't scored or assisted in 6 games not someone I'd be spending 9.5m on anyway . I could see Mata outscoring him even if he only played in one game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I'm not so sure, if they win tomorrow they are guarenteed champions league so it's a huge game, they play saturday morning so plenty of rest time till Wednesday, Hazard & Rameries are also in doubt so I think 3 from Mata / Lampard / Oscar / Moses will start tomorrow with Moses being the likely one to lose out imo.

Also Mata hasn't started the last 3 europa matches so he may not start on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think Mata will start tomorrow. He played 90 minutes twice this week already. I have him myself and can't see him starting.

I wouldn't sub him out for Cazorla though. Who are your other midfielders?

Walcott - Bale - Coutinho, I currently have Maloney benched, just don't see him doing a whole lot away to arsenal a few days after the cup final.

Yeah looking back at cazorla' stats there's a lot of 2's and 3's lately, but when he does score he scores big. hard to know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Maloney is a tough one.

i fully expect Wigan to score at Arsenal; cup final or not.

i've Yaya benched at the moment.

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Cazorla hasn't scored or assisted in 6 games not someone I'd be spending 9.5m on anyway . I could see Mata outscoring him even if he only played in one game .

cheers, yeah his form hasn't been great (in FF terms anyway), the couple of arsenal matches i have seen lately he hasn't been very threatening either but i don't see all of arsenal's matches so i could be wrong. I think that the 24 he got v reading is sticking in my head but that was a once off and i'd be only adding him for fear he'd do something similar rather than thinking he actually would get a big score.
    Weetabix wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, if they win tomorrow they are guarenteed champions league so it's a huge game, they play saturday morning so plenty of rest time till Wednesday, Hazard & Rameries are also in doubt so I think 3 from Mata / Lampard / Oscar / Moses will start tomorrow with Moses being the likely one to lose out imo.

Also Mata hasn't started the last 3 europa matches so he may not start on Wednesday.

yeah hoping Mata will start, if they have the champions league spot wrapped up then it'd be easier sell him next week.

cheers, yeah his form hasn't been great (in FF terms anyway), the couple of arsenal matches i have seen lately he hasn't been very threatening either but i don't see all of arsenal's matches so i could be wrong. I think that the 24 he got v reading is sticking in my head but that was a once off and i'd be only adding him for fear he'd do something similar rather than thinking he actually would get a big score.

yeah hoping Mata will start, if they have the champions league spot wrapped up then it'd be easier sell him next week.

He's been playing out left a lot recently & I don't think he's at his best out there .

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Redknapp has said that Samba probably won't recover. Down to 25% chance now. That leaves me needing Zabaleta to start for City.

Can't take the risk of not having cover. So who's a good option? Enrique/Carragher crossed my mind but with Agger out for the season I'm afraid Liverpool's defense will creak.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

I've taken a 4 point hit to bring in Sturridge and Coutinho. Do you think it'll be worth 8 points to bring in Walcott so I can captain him?

John83 wrote: »
    Redknapp has said that Samba probably won't recover. Down to 25% chance now. That leaves me needing Zabaleta to start for City.

Can't take the risk of not having cover. So who's a good option? Enrique/Carragher crossed my mind but with Agger out for the season I'm afraid Liverpool's defense will creak.

do you have sagna already?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

do you have sagna already?

Yeah I have Sagna | Zab | Demel with Samba and Harte in "reserve".

John83 wrote: »
    Yeah I have Sagna | Zab | Demel with Samba and Harte in "reserve".

i'd probably go with carragher then, it'll be his last 2 games and as Iused2likebusts pointed out in another thread, if liverpool get a free or penalty in the last match v qpr at anfield there's a strong chance carragher will be taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

joe123 wrote: »
    Any news on Turner being fit for Norwich??

We're still waiting for news on whether or not Super Mickey T will be available this weekend. Please be sure to stand by and we will bring it to you if and when we hear from Carrow Road. We'll be first to break this news before the rest and it will be exclusively live here in Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Mr.Prodston, Chief Mickey Turner Correspondent, Fantasy Sports Arena, Boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He is the 3rd highest scoring midfielder in the game and has 3 things in his favour 1 he plays in a position that will give him chances 2 he plays in a team that scores lots of goals 3 Hes playing against a team thats tired and have to attack. I think he is a great option this week. Cazorla is like Bale from seasons gone by lots of 2 pointers followed by a double digit score. Heres hoping its double digit time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Think Lindegaard only has to play in one of the 2 games to get his premier league medal, he has 9 league apperances to date and think he needs 10, for this reson DDG is dodgy, i think i have this right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Hazard is doubtful again too. Apparently checking on him later but expected to be involved. Another low score I'd say.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Think Lindegaard only has to play in one of the 2 games to get his premier league medal, he has 9 league apperances to date and think he needs 10, for this reson DDG is dodgy, i think i have this right.

They only need 5 for a medal now

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

i agree with Walcott being a good shout for captain but im thinking of leaning towards RVP with it being Fergies last home game and being presented the league trophy, utd will wanna do it in style plus Swansea do leak goals and is Vorm still out? I dunno thinking of going dutch this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah that's true. Lindergard got his home game last week. De Gea will start this weekend

Michu might be fit this weekend !!!

He is the 3rd highest scoring midfielder in the game and has 3 things in his favour 1 he plays in a position that will give him chances 2 he plays in a team that scores lots of goals 3 Hes playing against a team thats tired and have to attack. I think he is a great option this week. Cazorla is like Bale from seasons gone by lots of 2 pointers followed by a double digit score. Heres hoping its double digit time.

aaaargh....i had made up my mind to keep mata but you make a case :) i need to stay off this forum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Do they even need five? I think the club just get 40 medals now to distribute how they please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Hope Dea Gea goes back in this week. Think United will start with a strong side for Fergie's last home match.

Advertisement