Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 37 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Lemlin wrote: »
    Do they even need five? I think the club just get 40 medals now to distribute how they please.

That's how I understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sturridge in for Bentekkers for me i think. Just waiting on Liverpool team news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

We're still waiting for news on whether or not Super Mickey T will be available this weekend. Please be sure to stand by and we will bring it to you if and when we hear from Carrow Road. We'll be first to break this news before the rest and it will be exclusively live here in Gameweek 37 Transfers.

Mr.Prodston, Chief Mickey Turner Correspondent, Fantasy Sports Arena, Boards.ie

not good news i'm afraid

Norwich City FCVerified accountNorwichCityFC5m
    CH: "Robert Snodgrass will be fine but Michael Turner at this moment won't be available." #ncfc

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/332831161929826306

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hogey007 wrote: »
    not good news i'm afraid

Norwich City FCVerified accountNorwichCityFC5m
    CH: "Robert Snodgrass will be fine but Michael Turner at this moment won't be available." #ncfc

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/332831161929826306

:eek: :eek: Aw hell no. Nobody steals Mr.Prodston's Mickey Turner scoop and gets away with it. :(

:eek: :eek: Aw hell no. Nobody steals Mr.Prodston's Mickey Turner scoop and gets away with it. :(

No matter. The real Norwich legend that is John Ruddy is back and available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

manual_man wrote: »

risky.

Villa still need to win, and Chelsea may not be full strength.

i will not be shunning Bentekkers quite yet!

Breaking News

Quotes just in from Chris Hughton concerning Mickey Turner, oh and Snodgrass:
    Robert Snodgrass will be fine but Michael Turner at this moment won't be available.

It appears that Mickey Turner is out once again for Norwich, Fantasy Managers must be tearing their hair out. Attention will now turn to Lukaku to produce a double figure score. Remember you heard it from me first.

SlickRic wrote: »
    risky.

Haha. Chelsea still need to secure a CL spot that's my reasoning... that and Villa are more a less safe now. Fulham conceded 4 at home to fecking Reading last week so i'm hopeful Sturridge can get on the score sheet.Liverpool thumped Fulham for 4 earlier on in the season. Also at home to Qpr next week great chance for goals maybe even captain material

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That leaves me needing to make a transfer to ensure I have one fit sub to cover rotation.

risky.

If I had Benteke I would certainly keep him. Chelsea will now have more than half an eye on their final plus over the years Villa have done pretty well against Chelsea. Plus they play Wigan next week in a game that will have goals. If I don't bring RVP back I might just bring in Benteke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

aaaargh....i had made up my mind to keep mata but you make a case :) i need to stay off this forum :D
    tough choice that as you dont know if mata will start. With it looking like hazard is injured there is probably more chance of mata starting now but still only 50/50 I feel.

bezuaua wrote: »
    Currently 26 points in front of my main opponent.
    My current squad is (0 in bank):

Hart | Cerny
    Sagna | Dawson | Demel | Shaw | Mariappa
    Bale | Mata | Fellaini | Sissoko | Michu
    Van Persie | Tevez | Kone

Would it be wise to take a 4pt hit and replace Michu/Tevez for Walcott/Sturridge ??

All advices/ideas are more than welcome!

Sissoko is ruled out of the last 2 games according to Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Breaking News

Quotes just in from Chris Hughton concerning Mickey Turner, oh and Snodgrass:

It appears that Mickey Turner is out once again for Norwich, Fantasy Managers must be tearing their hair out. Attention will now turn to Lukaku to produce a double figure score. Remember you heard it from me first.

Afraid not, Hogey007 beat you to it!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

not sure what to do this week

michu and luiz > carragher and santi
    michu & DDG> robles and Santi

or jsut straight swap michu to coutinho :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With michu injured and doubts about a fair few of my players starting its a 4 pt hit for me. Hazard and michu out Lampard and Cazorla in. I debated getting rvp back in but at the end of the day I wouldnt captain him and theres no guarantee he will play the last two games or that utd will suddenly start playing with attacking intent. We have only witnessed that attacking style once or twice in 3 months.

Eldoco wrote: »
    not sure what to do this week

michu and luiz > carragher and santi
    michu & DDG> robles and Santi

or jsut straight swap michu to coutinho :confused:

Carra and Santi.. good chance DDG will play.

I really have no idea what to do this week. My defense is fine happy with it:
    Hart
    Enrique, Baines, Dawson (Turner, Wilson)
    My midfield is OK-ish, starting to worry about Mata now though:
    Bale, Mata, Walcott, Maloney (Townsend)
    But my front 3 I feel very unsure:
    Tevez, Kone, Lukaku
    And I have 3.4 in the bank.

I want RVP but would have to sell Tevez who could either score a hat-trick or play 2 minutes. I'm sticking with Kone as I'm going to the Emirates on Tuesday and want to cheer for him, plus I anticipate plenty goals at both ends in Wigan's last 2 games. I think I'll stick with Lukaku against a Mickey Turner-free Norwich side.

To do the RVP transfer I would then have to sell Mata too. Lampard would be the best candidate do we think? Was thinking of Liverpool like everyone else but not so sure now. Benteke is also niggling in the back of my mind although I might just swap Lukaku for him next week. After the highs of 109 last week I feel very unsure as how to proceed. Even with a wildcard exclusively for this week I don't think I'd know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Michu to Lampard done .

Might take a hit for Rvp or Hernandez for Tevez.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

i'd probably go with carragher then, it'll be his last 2 games and as Iused2likebusts pointed out in another thread, if liverpool get a free or penalty in the last match v qpr at anfield there's a strong chance carragher will be taking it.

Okay I'm going with Carra. I've never had him in any of my teams before and as a Liverpool fan I suppose I should mark his retirement.

Cue a brace of goals for Fulham tomorrow :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lemlin wrote: »
    Do they even need five? I think the club just get 40 medals now to distribute how they please.
    amber69 wrote: »
    That's how I understand it.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Apr/manchester-united-fringe-players-to-receive-barclays-premier-league-winners-medals.aspx?pageNo=1

Kind of contradicts itself
    Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his intention to give medals to every player who has contributed to this season’s Barclays Premier League title success.The Reds boss is happy that the Premier League have relaxed their rule to allow league-winning clubs to reward more squad members with medals.

Previously only those who had made 10 or more league appearances were eligible and clubs were required to apply for extra medals for players who had not reached that tally. But now five appearances is the requirement and United will receive 40 medals, 10 more than before.

And Sir Alex confirmed: "They [the fringe players] will get medals. It’s changed now. They give you an allocated number of medals and it’s up to you to distribute them how you want.

"I think that’s fair because, in Darren Fletcher’s case for instance, it’s only illness which has prohibited him from getting a medal [under the old 10 appearances rule]. I’m sure if he’d been available he would have been sitting here with one.

"[Alexander] Büttner’s been great because he’s travelled to every away game with us, he’s been involved in every single training session, he’s played three times and been a substitute another 10 times, something like that. So I think that’s a contribution.

It’s very difficult for a goalkeeper to get the 10 appearances when your first-choice goalkeeper is performing the way David De Gea has. So I think Anders Lindegaard deserves his medal too. We’ll distribute the way we think is fair."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Carra or Vetonghen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

buyer95 wrote: »
    Carra or Vetonghen?

If you can afford it then Vert is a no-brainer, playing Stoke and Sunderland, always in with a shout of attacking points, Spurs desperate to keep clean sheets while it doesn't really matter to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just brought Coutinho in for Michu. And now I have 2.7m burning a hole in my pocket. Any one see anything obvious that might work as a 4 point hit?

DDG (Bunn)

Mertesacker - Luiz - Clichy - Dawson (Wilson)

Mata - Bale - Coutinho - Walcott (Maloney)

Tevez - Aguero (Ruiz)

I'm not seeing whole lot.

Aguero to RvP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Aguero to RvP

Yeah, I thought of that one. But if I spend 4 points, I kind of want someone who is going to play the last 2 games. Isn't there a chance RVP won't start the last game?

Yeah, I thought of that one. But if I spend 4 points, I kind of want someone who is going to play the last 2 games. Isn't there a chance RVP won't start the last game?

I don't see why he wouldn't. Anyway good chance of points for him this weekend i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

we keep thinking RVP won't start a game.

all year.

it's still really to happen.

in fact, it's only happened once, in the midst of Christmas madness at home to West Brom. and he still scored.

maybe Fergie just doesn't see him as at all droppable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

maybe Fergie just doesn't see him as at all droppable?

In hindsight perhaps it was to do with his hope to retire after winning the title at the end of the season, very good chance a few years back he would have rested him more

Anyone know the story with Michu. I thought he was out for the season and hes now gone from red to orange. I'll probably still get rid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

amber69 wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with Michu. I thought he was out for the season and hes now gone from red to orange. I'll probably still get rid of him.

According to twitter (physioroom) he could be available

Advertisement