Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 soccer team - looking for players?

Options
  • 04-05-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any 11 a side soccer team looking for players in cork at the moment. Looking for a team that trains once or twice and week and get a few games on the weekends.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It's nearing the end of the season now and clubs can't sign new players but all clubs look too bring in fresh faces in the summer.
    What area of the city are you in?have you played 11 a side before? These kind of answers will help determin the standerd you should play at and the club for you

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stripe3

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

I move into the douglas area recently and just trying to get back into it. Played for years and then stopped for a few so trying to get back into it. Would be fit enough and handy enough but would be maybe looking for team that wouldnt be at the high end but maybe the shipping league.

Play 5-a side a good few times a week so just trying to move get back into the 11 a side.

My advice would be watch the shipping league website for details of friendly fixtures and go along too one of those or there is a page with team contact numbers on it give them a buzz they'll tell you when they train and you can go along then

Thanks very much for the inf, might do that alright, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vlopes

Hi guys
    I've move from Portugal to Cork for work.
    I wonder if there is any (amateur) team interested in a new player (mid 30's) to join your soccer team ??? I prefer futsal or 5 a side soccer of course :-) but can also play normal soccer (11 a side) :-)
    Give me some feedback, I'm in Bishoptown

I really need the exercise to get back my fitness :-p...so this team ought to have some training during the week :-)
    (vasco_lopes2000@yahoo.com)

Stripe3, did you get any advance on your research?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Victor Mackey

Hi,

I manage an AUL Division 2 team located near to where you live if you are still interested in playing with an 11 a side team.

We are looking for players and if you are interested let me know.

cheers

Hi Vitor

Can you send me more details. I might be interested in joining your group if you think I have the skills :)

Cheers
    Vasco

vlopes wrote: »
    Hi Vitor

Can you send me more details. I might be interested in joining your group if you think I have the skills :)

Cheers
    Vasco
    Only way too find out is too go training with them.

That's right, but I don't know the name of the team, location, schedule, etc... :-)
    That's what I was saying with the "more details".... :-)

Hi Vasco,

The team is GrangeVale AFC. We play in Division 2 of the Cork Aul and you are welcome to come to training and see if you would like to join us. We will train twice a week and play friendly matches also pre-season.

What position do you play?

cheers

• Advertisement

Hi sent you a message, please take a look
    Cheers
    Vasco

Hi Vasco,

We normally train on our home pitch which is located near Cork Airport

In the meantime and until I confirm the date that we start I will contact you the week before with all the details that you need.

Left back or Left midfield is fine by me

cheers

stripe3 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if there is any 11 a side soccer team looking for players in cork at the moment. Looking for a team that trains once or twice and week and get a few games on the weekends.

Thanks.

Hi,

I mange a local team based near Douglas. The team is GrangeVale AFC. We play in Division 2 of the Cork Aul and you are welcome to come to training and see if you would like to join us. We will train twice a week and play friendly matches also pre-season.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

Is there any amateur team near the city centre????

Is there any amateur team near the city centre????

Hi,

GrangeVale are based 15 minutes from the City Centre if you are interested.

cheers

Hey lads,

Is grange vale still looking for players do ye know?

stripe3 wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Is grange vale still looking for players do ye know?

Try mailing the op

I'm involved with a team too from togher

Hi Mr Mac,

Thanks for the response.

I emailed Victor today so might get a response from them shortly.

Is your team looking for any players?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 folex

Know of any clubs or teams looking for a goalkeeper. 6/7/11 a side. played schoolboys for years, been playing 6 a side weekly for the last couple of months. would like to do some more.

Advertisement